Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Garrison event ideas

Originally posted by Duff View Post
    How in gods name did you know I would be at Fort Mifflin!
    I clicked on the link in your signature block and eyeballed your schedule. :)

Many of the generic suggestions about garrison life are very good, but take a few moments to find out what really happened there. I was tempted to plug in the ORs on CD and take a gander at any tidbits that may be within that resource. It's a shame so many of the 2006 "Year of the Fort Event" AARs washed out to see with the big AC Forum crash/server flux last year, because we definitely had some events to remember.
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Re: Garrison event ideas

And let's not forget leisure time.

There is an excellent article on how prevalent baseball was on both sides during the civil war and in garrison would be a perfect place to play. Even if it is just pitch and catch.

Or the CW version of football.

Or the sargent's version of liesure time.

Chopping wood, cleaning out the barracks, etc.

But also some more mundane house keeping stuff like washing or repairing clothes and gear. Have the sargent take the opportunity to get on people's butts and get those springfields nice and shiney.

If Sargent Mike is there say hello from "Ohio" of the 125th NY for me would you?
      Bob Sandusky
      Co C 125th NYSVI
      Esperance, NY

Comment

Working...
      X