Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parade

Friends, I'm at a loss to find something.....might you be able to help?

Where are the details regarding how formal parade was done? I can't find it in Hardees.

I know how it is done in the Air Force...God do I only know (thanks BMT and AFROTC)...but that hardly fits the bill for the 1860s.

Would appreciate any help in finding the nuts and bolts of how to do parade for large numbers (i.e., more than a few "mess" pards.)

-Mike Montgomery
    [FONT=Arial][B]Mike Montgomery[/B][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Re: Parade

Michael,

You can find everything you need in Dom Dal Bello's essential book Parade, Inspection and Evolutions of the Infantry Battalion, you can find it at his website, www.domdalbello.com/aoppress/ or at www.skilletlicker.com
    Last edited by SGulley; 01-12-2004, 11:58 AM.
    Scott Gulley
    PPM/GHTI/WIG

Comment

Originally posted by msmjr
      Friends, I'm at a loss to find something.....might you be able to help?
      Where are the details regarding how formal parade was done? I can't find it in Hardees.
      Hardee's/Casey's is a tactical manual for the deployment of troops in combat.

Ceremonies & parades of all sort are found in the Regulations for the appropriate army. The Confederate regs, for example, can be found at http://www.geocities.com/capitalguards/parade.html.

Tom
      Tom Ezell

Comment

Mr. Montgomery,

For Confederate Troops, you'll find the info for parade in the NHS Reprint of the CS regs under the heading "Forms of Parade." This starts at Para 322 on page 32.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Will Eichler
        Member, Company of Military Historians
        Botsford Mess
        Will Eichler

Member, Company of Military Historians
        Saginaw City Light Infantry
        Hubbard Winsor Lodge #420
        Stony Creek Lodge #5

Civil War Digital Digest
        http://civilwardigitaldigest.com/

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
        www.historicfortwaynecoalition.com

Comment

Hi,

You can also find a link to the U.S. Army Regulations at the "Drill Network":

Something you might be interested to know is that it appears some commanders went above and beyond what is stated in the regs. In at least one documented case, the colonel of a Federal regiment actually developed a program for incorporating bayonet exercise into his parade routine.

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
          Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Working...
          X