Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kersey questions

Pards:
    I've been thinking about sewing a coat probably a round-about , ANyway I was looing on the famliy hierloomweavers website and I was looking at the kersey prices and it said the darkblue kersey is 14oz. while the the trouser kersey is 21 oz. is the trouser cloth heavier than the coat kersey.

Rob
    Very Respectfully,
    Robert Young

Re: kersey questions

The kersey they have listed is the sacking flannel, for sack coats. I think Union "roundabouts" were made of broadcloth. You could probably order a kit as cheaply (eliminates your cutting time) as buying the cloth from Charlie Childs.

Comment

Re: kersey questions

Originally posted by bluebellybugleboy
      Pards:
      I've been thinking about sewing a coat probably a round-about , ANyway I was looing on the famliy hierloomweavers website and I was looking at the kersey prices and it said the darkblue kersey is 14oz. while the the trouser kersey is 21 oz. is the trouser cloth heavier than the coat kersey.

Rob
      Rob,
      I spent two hours with Mr Kline last Thursday and asked the same question. He said as I recall the Kersey used in the coats was in fact lighter than the trowser kersey.
      I would recomend you call him, he is a great guy and would love to answer your question. Try the mill number as that is where you are likely to catch him.
      That two hours was well spent, I learned more than I will ever be able to retain or use.
      Tod
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Tod Lane[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
      X