Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bibles, again

Gentlemen,

I am posting this for the third time in the last week, neither of the previous times was I told by anyone that my post was deleted.

Does anyone know where I could fine a good reproduction bible? I have been looking everywhere on here for one, and cannot find anywhere that has some. I do have an original, that belonged to my G-Great-Grandmother, but there is no way that would go to an event. Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thank you for your time.
    [FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia]Very Respectfully,
    Charlie Gerkin
    Rah Virginia Mil '11
    Tar Water Mess-GHTI
    VMI CWRT[/FONT][/FONT]

Re: Bibles, again

Originally posted by Gerkin
    Gentlemen,

I am posting this for the third time in the last week, neither of the previous times was I told by anyone that my post was deleted.
    We've been having some software issues. Please excuse our mess... I'm not aware of anyone deleting your posts on purpose.

Originally posted by Gerkin
    Does anyone know where I could fine a good reproduction bible
    New Testaments can be found at almost any sutler, the entire Bible is a little harder to find. I have seen them before but never picked one up. Can't say for sure who had them, but I'm fairly certain it was a mainstream-variety of sutler. I'd suggest Sullivan Press, but he can be pretty hard to get ahold of.

I agree you shouldn't take a heirloom book with you to an event.
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

I've purchased a reproduction New Testament in the past from the Reenactors Mission for Jesus Christ at http://www.rmjc.org They also sell period reproduction religious tracts produced by publishing houses in both the North and South.
      [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Candace Rose
      [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Hi,

You can also obtain religious works through the U.S. Christian Commission:

I own quite a few original Christian Commission publications and these seem to be fairly close reproductions.

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
        Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Sir you might try e-bay if you want an original. That doesnt have sentimental value
          Brian Wilson

Comment

Thank you all very much. This will help me a lot.
            [FONT=Georgia][FONT=Georgia]Very Respectfully,
            Charlie Gerkin
            Rah Virginia Mil '11
            Tar Water Mess-GHTI
            VMI CWRT[/FONT][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
            X