Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I look for Nashville scenario event

Hi All,

I look for the scenario of an event that we prepare, information on a confederate regiment which would have suffered well during the battle of Nashville (1864) and which would quickly have been strengthened after the battle or during the battle by the other units?

I also look for information on a federal regiment which would have been put in the rest in the region of Nashville after the battle?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Kind regards.

William
    "French Mess" or "Frog Mess" for the friends :wink_smil
    William Miconnet
    French Mess
    AES
    BGR & IPW Survivor
    Never ever give up!
    In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
    I believe!

Re: I look for Nashville scenario event

Nobody has a idea of two units (federal/confederate) which would correspond to this description?
    I am maybe not more precise with my bad English in my demand and I maybe have to add precision!?
    In fact, I look, an idea for two units to be represented an event, the scenario of which is situated at the end to Nashville battle in the country around Nashville, a federal and a confederate, the ideal of which would be that it is equipped with Colombus depot...
    We thought of 33rd Alamaba for the confederate, without knowing if he is equipped by Colombus???
    But no idea clarifies for the Federal...
    Help :( ;)
    William Miconnet
    French Mess
    AES
    BGR & IPW Survivor
    Never ever give up!
    I believe!

Comment

William,

I suggest going to: http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...n/cdjacket.htm for your confederate selection of a Columbus Depot jacket wearing regiment at Nashville 1864.
      I'm not sure of your 33rd Alabama selection but I know to be careful as some of the Alabama men were supplied with jackets from their own Mobile Depot at times.

Gerald Smolik
      4th Va. Co.A
      ANV

Comment

Thanks you the link and information Gerald, I look at that now ;)
        Otherwise for the North we let us think of the 101st Ohio which was created in August, 1862. After Nashville he participated in the pursuit until December 28th when he received for mission to stay in Huntsville (Alabama).
        He has needed found a regiment which parked after Nasville in the region of Cornersville (Tennessee - 90 km of Nashville).
        To Cornersville was indeed a farm belonging to the family Blackburn exists even today and was transformed into Bed and Breakfast:

http://www.bbonline.com/tn/lairdland/clockcreek.html (Clock Creek Cabin)
        The scenario would thus be situated on December 30th, 1864 to Cornersville is 14 days after the battle. We would consider that a company of the 101st also occupies Cornersville.
        History of the 101st: http://www.ohiocivilwar.com/cw101.html

Of what think you?
        William Miconnet
        French Mess
        AES
        BGR & IPW Survivor
        Never ever give up!
        I believe!

Comment

William,

I'm not too familiar with many of the Union positions after the battle of Nashville around December 30th but I do know that the chase was pretty near given up trying to catch up to Hood's Army of Tennessee.
          On December 28th Hood's army was already in Tuscumbia,Alabama which is some distance from Cornersville but how many miles I'm not sure.
          The "closest" Confederates and the last to cross the Tennessee River
          was the rear guard of Major Gen. Walthall. He commanded the following: 1st,17th,26th,and 29th Alabama , 42nd,46th,48th,49th,53rd,and 55th Tennessee , 4th,9th,and 25th Arkansas and the 37th Mississippi.
          My information comes from a book written by Wiley Sword and is a reprint from a 1992 edition published by The University Press of Kansas titled:"The Confederacy's Last Hurrah:Spring Hill,Franklin, and Nashville" A good book, in my opinion, for it's time period.

Gerald Smolik
          4th Va. Co.A
          ANV

Comment

Thanks Gerald, Now rest to be found who, was in Colombus in all this... :(
            Let's go :)
            William Miconnet
            French Mess
            AES
            BGR & IPW Survivor
            Never ever give up!
            I believe!

Comment

William,
              The 33rd Alabama was at the battle of Nashville and would have had Columbus Depot Jackets from 1862-the end of the war. For more info on this unit look up the website www.33rdalabama.org that may be of some help as it has some histories and also uniform requirements that may be of some help in your endeavour.

Andrew Schultz
              Andrew Schultz

Possum Skinners Mess

Buzzards Mess

Comment

William,
                In the Columbus Depot site article I posted to you above there is a CD jacket attributed to Lt. Col. Thomas Morris Atkins of the 49th Tennessee Inf. Atkins was wounded at Franklin,TN while in command of his regiment.
                In another post above I gave you a list of various infantry units. One of them was the 49th TN Inf.
                I suggest you change from your proposed 33rd Alabama to the 49th Tennessee for your scenerio.
                Voila! You have your Columbus Depot question answered.
                In your last post what did you mean by "Lets go"?

Gerald Smolik
                Co.A 4th Va. Inf.
                ANV

Comment

William,

I am looking forward to this event! I hope I will be able to come along and bring a few German Mess comrades with me. Such a pity I could not make it to the June event ...
                  Bene von Bremen

German Mess

"I had not previously known one could get on, even in this unsatisfactory fashion, with so little brain."
                  Ambrose Bierce "What I Saw of Shiloh"

Comment

Originally posted by stubbynick View Post
                    William,
                    In the Columbus Depot site article I posted to you above there is a CD jacket attributed to Lt. Col. Thomas Morris Atkins of the 49th Tennessee Inf. Atkins was wounded at Franklin,TN while in command of his regiment.
                    In another post above I gave you a list of various infantry units. One of them was the 49th TN Inf.
                    I suggest you change from your proposed 33rd Alabama to the 49th Tennessee for your scenerio.
                    Voila! You have your Columbus Depot question answered.
                    In your last post what did you mean by "Lets go"?

Gerald Smolik
                    Co.A 4th Va. Inf.
                    ANV
                    I mean by "Lets go" which I have to look and still look, to make stick this story of scenario, with the certainty for Colombus and good regiment which goes with.
                    Fortunately, there are people as you and of the other one, to help me in this adventure and I thank you all for it and you in the first time my friend...
                    This people as you want to make a travel in France for the occasion, "Lets go" is also valid :tounge_sm:D;):wink_smil
                    William Miconnet
                    French Mess
                    AES
                    BGR & IPW Survivor
                    Never ever give up!
                    I believe!

Comment

Originally posted by Benedict View Post
                      William,

I am looking forward to this event! I hope I will be able to come along and bring a few German Mess comrades with me. Such a pity I could not make it to the June event ...

That it's a GREAT news my friend, we shall talk again of it at the end of August in Munster this you are there!?
                      For the federal we have fewer problems for the choice of the regiment, that will be the 101st Ohio :D:D:D
                      William Miconnet
                      French Mess
                      AES
                      BGR & IPW Survivor
                      Never ever give up!
                      I believe!

Comment

Yep, will be in Munster! I am very much looking forward to this event as well - cannot wait to be part of a platoon of more-authentic-than-European-average Federals!
                        Bene von Bremen

German Mess

"I had not previously known one could get on, even in this unsatisfactory fashion, with so little brain."
                        Ambrose Bierce "What I Saw of Shiloh"

Comment

Yep, we are ten French with you, our registration was sent ;)
                          William Miconnet
                          French Mess
                          AES
                          BGR & IPW Survivor
                          Never ever give up!
                          I believe!

Comment

Working...
                          X