Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to join a unit in the Atlanta area

Gents
    I just recently moved to the Atlanta area and am looking to join a unit or mess. I am not new to the hobby and have been a corporal before. I would like to join a progressive unit if at all possible.

Thanks
    Mr. Aaron Fletcher
    F&AM Taylorsville #243 TN

Re: Looking to join a unit in the Atlanta area

Best around
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Comment

I second that. The Armory Guards are a great group with excellent leadership.
      Robert Saye

Saye Leatherwork
      Widow Makers Mess
      Armory Guards Associate

Comment

Aaron, if you look at the events in the EBUFU folder you will see the Armory Guard associated with just about everything in this region. That's a fairly good sign. You'll have to shed that red and blue suit, tho...:D
        Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
        Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Dear Sir
          You do not like my red and blue coat? Ha ha. Also I checked out the website for the Armory Guards. I could not find a contact point though. I searched both high and low and to no avail I could not find one. Maybe I'm going crazy at a young age???????? I would appreciate one if somebody had one.

Thanks
          Last edited by aaron1stvirginia; 06-19-2008, 05:03 PM.
          Mr. Aaron Fletcher

Comment

Hey Aaron,
            check your inbox!
            Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
            WIG/GVB
            In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Originally posted by aaron1stvirginia View Post
              Dear Sir
              You do not like my red and blue coat? Ha ha. Also I checked out the website for the Armory Guards. I could not find a contact point though. I searched both high and low and to no avail I could not find one. Maybe I'm going crazy at a young age???????? I would appreciate one if somebody had one.

Thanks
              Here are the three lead fellows in the AG:

Tripp Corbin : tcorbin@keckwood.com

Herb Coats: hcoats@keckwood.com

Robby Mitchell: rgmitchell@mindspring.com
              Brian Hicks
              Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Folks,
                there is also the 56th Ga./ Big'uns Mess in NE Georgia. Contact me for info!
                Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
                WIG/GVB
                In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Well then if somebody from the Armory Guard could message me on here I would really like to talk and am very interested.

Thanks
                  Mr. Aaron Fletcher

Comment

If you wait for one of them to perhaps come on line, and by chance see this thread you may have to wait a few days.

I'd encourage you to take to the initiative and e-mail one (or all) of them at the addresses provided above.

And yes... I am a member of the Armory Guards, and would gladly recommend the group to you, as one that might suit your interests.
                    Brian Hicks
                    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Another member here, Robby, Tripp, and Herb are geat guys and will be glad to help you out as will all of us. If I can help feel free to drop me a note but I am a very low man on the totem pole. We have a couple of living histories coming up (I hope to make one of them as I actually live in FL) so perhaps you could stop by one of them.
                      Robert Collett
                      8th FL / 13th IN
                      Armory Guards
                      WIG

Comment

Robert
                        Thanks for the invite. Hopefully I can. I would really like to.

YOS
                        Mr. Aaron Fletcher

Comment

Hey Aaron,

Welcome to the area. Hope you are adjusting well. If you have not already please contact Robby, Herb or Tripp about the unit - I am sure they would love to speak with you. Herb and Tripp can be found lurking around this forum quite often, but Robby does not get on here much, so you may want to PM either Herb or Tripp.

As a member I would be happy to answer any questions that I can for you. Feel free to PM me. Where in Decatur do you live?

Again, welcome to the area.
                          Garrett W. Silliman

[I]Don't Float the Mainstream[/I]
                          [SIZE="1"]-Sweetwater Brewing Company, Atlanta, GA[/SIZE]

Comment

Aaron,
                            It was good to talk with you this afternoon. Look forward to meeting you in the field soon.
                            [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                            [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                            [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Mr. Silliman I live almost on the corner of N. Decatur and Claremont. I really appreciate all the welcomes. It's hard moving to a new town and having to meet new people. I hope that I will be able to make it out to some events. Mr. Corbin thanks for talking to me earlier. I will keep in touch.
                              Mr. Aaron Fletcher

Comment

Working...
                              X