No announcement yet.

Authentic Units in Kansas (or near it)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic Units in Kansas (or near it)?

Greetings,

I believe I am about to move to central Kansas (due to work), anyone know of authentic units in this area? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks
    Jared Nichols

Liberty Rifles
    - The French Mess

Re: Authentic Units in Kansas (or near it)?

I know Michael Comer out of Missouri always has good units participate in his events.

The 24th Missouri comes to mind, as an example. I am sure Mike Phineas can provide more information, too.
    Ivan Ingraham
    AC Moderator

Comment

Ivan,

Thanks. I will look them up. Any other recommendations for campaigner units?
      Jared Nichols

Liberty Rifles
      - The French Mess

Comment

Jared,

If you make the move let me know and I can give you a phone number to contact me. I'll help you the best I can.
        Michael Comer
        one of the moderator guys

Comment

Hello, I am a member of the 8th KS Vol. Inf. We even have a webpage if you want to check it out. We are based out of Wichita, though many of us come from all over the State of KS. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you more info. 8thkansas.org is the sight. Just got it up a month ago. The group has been around for decades.

Comment

Jared, if you are looking for authentic/ campaigner Federals out here in Kansas/Oklahoma/Arkansas/Texas, about the only show in town with the 24th MO Vol Infantry and some of the Holmes Brigade guys. Cal Kinzer is our Captain, I'm First Sgt, Mark Vlahos (an old Sykes guy) is Second Sgt, and Mike Phineas is our first Corporal. We do stuff with the Holmes Bde guys who are on the progressive side with us out here and form a battalion regularly under Steve Dunfee and Dom Dal Bello with any AoP guys we can gather up. Mike Comer above plays with us too, and in fact were our opponents in the adjunct this last fall marching over Shepherd Mountain at Pilot Knob. So we all work together and in fact we plan to form a company at Bentonville with Mike Comer. Mike does both sides. We are strictly Federal. Our website; http://24thmissouri.org/
            Frank Siltman
            24th Mo Vol Inf
            Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
            Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
            Company of Military Historians
            Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by jarednichols View Post
              Greetings,

I believe I am about to move to central Kansas (due to work), anyone know of authentic units in this area? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks

Jared,

That's going to be an interesting move for you, to say the least. Have you ever been to Kansas? I spent four years there while on active duty with the US Air Force. Here's a tip, they take their Toto and Dorothy smack seriously, so don't even start with the clicking of heels etc... The seasons can be harsh, but the people are down home and respectful. You can also stand on a beer can and see halfway across the state lol...

Okay, the 24th Missouri has a small squad of guys in Kansas, led by James Beck of Wichita. Our company really is just spread over a multi-state area of the Trans Miss to include Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas. We have an OUTSTANDING cadre of officers and NCO's, led by Cal Kinzer. We work well together as a team and have our act wired tight. And our muster rolls vary but we usually draw 20 rifles to every event we attend.

I could go on and on about how we're the best west of the river blah blah, but will instead ask you simply visit our website. We have an extensive photo gallery of us, in depth standards which cover about five full pages, and our 2015 schedule should be posted soon. Helena, AR- Bentonville, NC- Mansfield, LA- Pea Ridge AR- are just a few we'll be attending.

We have a unique way of making our members feel part of a team. If all of that interests you, we'll see you soon.
              Mike Phineas
              Arlington, TX
              24th Missouri Infantry
              Independent Volunteer Battalion
              www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Working...
              X