Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for group in Alabama.

Hey fellas,

I live in central Alabama and I am wanting to get into the hobby. I am looking for a good unit that is willing to help and guide a new guy.
    Nick Dorman

Re: Looking for group in Alabama.

Nick!
    Are you looking to get into the campaigner side of the hobby? We have a double mess based in Central/Eastern Alabama called the Tick Creek Troublemakers/Possum Skinners Mess. We'll form a Federal/Confederate mess for various campaigner events during the year, usually with groups like SCAR and the Armory Guards.
    If you are just now getting involved in the hobby and want to take some gradual steps to "hardcore", you may be interested in the 48th Alabama Reenactors. This is a progressive unit based in Central/Eastern Alabama and we are all members of it, as it is our home unit. Myself and several others started the campaigner side of the hobby through this group. We will attend events in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and sometimes Virginia, the Carolina's, and Pennsylvania. The 48th would be a great starting point and they will help point you in the right direction. We portray both Federal and Confederate and are a group of like minded reenactors who love history. For more info on the 48th Alabama Reenactors, visit our website at www.48thal.com. If you would like to know more about our group, send me a PM or look us on up on Facebook as well. My email is slunsford90@gmail.com.
    Stephen Lunsford

Possum Skinners Mess/Tick Creek Troublemakers

150th Pickett's Mill May 2014-5th Kentucky
    150th Franklin (Carnton Plantation) November 2014-20th Tennessee
    150th Bentonville, March 2015-10th Iowa
    Pea Ridge Adjunct, September 2015-24th Missouri
    Blakeley Living History, April 2016-1st/3rd Missouri CS
    Picket Post, May 2016, Company C, 9th Tennessee "Creek Bank Mess"
    Lookout Mountain Living History, June 2017, 31st Iowa "Root Hog or Die"
    154th Chickamauga Living History, September 2017, Co. C, 23rd Tennessee
    Battle of Wauhatchie (Aka "Wet-hatchie"), Tennessee, October 27-28, 2017, 78th New York "12th Corps!!!"

Comment

Re: Looking for group in Alabama.

I'll vouch for Stephen and his guys. They are associates of our unit and a first class bunch.
      Mike Phineas
      Arlington, TX
      24th Missouri Infantry
      Independent Volunteer Battalion
      www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Working...
      X