Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Announcement from the Governor Guards

Gentlemen,

The 2016 season is upon us and presents many great opportunities for unique and fulfilling experiences. This season the Governor Guards are opening the ranks for a few new members.

The Governor Guards mess is a member of the Southeast Coalition of Authentic Reenactors (SCAR), and is composed of dedicated members that strive to represent the common soldier that participated in the War Between the States. Our members are continually completing research and refining their knowledge to better represent the period. We are located in the Carolinas, Virginia, Ohio, and Iowa.

The mess routinely participates in outreach events to provide a resource to those interested in the authentic side of the hobby. Additionally, a high level of participation is expected of members including attending max effort events and actively contributing to the mess.

The Governor Guards would like to continue growth through 2016 and continue to maintain its role as a foundation within the authentic community.

For further information about the Governor Guards or joining the mess, please contact Patrick Ferringer at Patrick.ferringer@gmail.com. The 2016 schedule can be found below and additional information is available on the mess Facebook page.

February 19-21
    Battle of Aiken (Aiken, South Carolina)

April 8-10
    Fort Blakeley LH (Historic Blakeley State Park, Alabama)

May 13-15
    Picket Post (Morgantown, Kentucky)

June 10-12
    Cross Keys/Port Republic (Harrisonburg, Virginia)

September 10-11
    Barksdale Brigade Peach Orchard LH (Gettysburg, Pennsylvania)

October 7-9
    Battle of Perryville Kentucky (Perryville Battlefield)

Thank you,
    Patrick Ferringer
    Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 02-09-2016, 09:59 PM.
    Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
    SCAR

Re: 2016 Announcement from the Governor Guards

Hello Patrick, I am researching Antebellum South Carolina Militia units and wanted to see if you can help me out. Do you by chance have any pictures of members of the Governor's Guards from before the Civil War until 1861 that show their militia uniform? Or any notes on their dress regulations for the company? I have their history from the Caroliniana Library in Columbia and know they modeled their first uniforms on the New Haven Grays in 1843 as one of the founders was from that unit originally before moving to Columbia. There is also a picture of the Governor's Guard officers with Gov. Gist in the archives but is a bit blurry on their collars with the gilt. Anyway, any and all help is appreciated. Thanks again, Clayton
    Clayton Hunt

Comment

Re: 2016 Announcement from the Governor Guards

Clayton,

I've sent you a PM regarding your questions.

Thanks
      Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
      SCAR

Comment

Working...
      X