Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaigners in Montana

Howdy,

Recently relocated to Western Montana and thought I would see if there's any campaigners out in the Big Sky country. Doesn't matter Federal or CS or which branch of service.

Regards,

Sam Dolan
    Samuel K. Dolan
    1st Texas Infantry
    SUVCW

Re: Campaigners in Montana

Sam - what town are you in? We are the Fort Boise Garrison - covering 1860-1916. 2nd Vermont Infantry, Boise Rangers (temporary civilian defense company), 10th Mississippi Infantry and 1st Washington Territorial Infantry, all in the Civil War period, 23rd US Indian Wars, 2nd Idaho Span Am and Mexican Punitive expedition. Contact me via PM here or dcjackscoach@gmail.com. The boys often attend events in Montana, the big one being Bannack Montana on Sept 17-19 this year (uber authentic mining camp event).
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Re: Campaigners in Montana

Hello Mr. Dolan! First, allow me to welcome you to Montana. It's a wonderful state.

In the Montana/Wyoming/Dakotas area, we have a fairly new conglomeration of authentic reenactors known as the "Farr West Mess" that do a lot of good work. In addition, there is the Northern Rockies Civil War Association which does a lot of living history and school events in eastern MT. And of course the Fort Boise Garrison. If you are really wanting to drive, there is also THEM!, a highly-authentic group in western Washington and Oregon.

Generally speaking, our primary method of communication is via FB, so shoot me a friend request and I'll plug you into our groups or email me[at]calebgrove.com and I'll fill you in on some of the upcoming events that I know of.

I'll look forward to meeting you at some point!
      Caleb Grove

Lewistown, Montana
      THEM, Farr West Mess, NRCWA, &c. &c.

Comment

Working...
      X