Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for federal unit in Southern California

Greetings all,
    I have just relocated from Florida to California and am looking to make the change to a campaign reenacting. I’m looking for a federal infantry unit and am about to make some upgrades to my impression and could use a guiding hand. I have been mainstream reenacting for a while and am just looking for a more immersive and authentic experience. any help or information would be very much appreciated.

Skye Cooper
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 09-20-2017, 07:09 PM. Reason: Please make sure and add your signature to each post.
    Skye Cooper

Re: Looking for federal unit in Southern California

Hello, Mr. Cooper. My name is Joshua. Im 36 and I reside in Nothern/central Claifornia. In Hollister to be exact, a farming/agriculture town. I re enacted for about 5 yrs in the early 2000's but have been researching the civil war and it's soldiers since the early 90's while a young boy. I just got back into reenacting a few months back and joined up agian with the organization i have ties too, (ACWA, and sometimes with the NCWA), Im not looking for mainstream this time around and it has always been my goal to go hardcore. If you have any luck finding pards that live in our "area" and are like minded let me know and I will do the same. Thank you in advance.
    Joshua Corry
    SEPTEMBER 16th-- "IT WAS SOMETHING DEMON-LIKE, A SCENE FROM AN INFERNO. THEY WERE SILENT AS GHOSTS, RUTHLESS AND RUSHING IN THEIR SPEED, RAGGED, EARTH-COLORED, DISHEVELED, AND DEVILISH. THE SHUFFLE OF THEIR BADLY SHOD FEET ON THE HARD SURFACE OF THE PIKE WAS SO RAPID AS TO BE CONTINUOUS, LIKE THE HISS OF A GREAT SERPENT. THE SPECTRAL, GHOSTLY PICTURE WILL NEVER BE ERASED FROM MY MEMORY." CAPTAIN EDWARD HASTINGS RIPLEY.

Joshua Corry

Comment

Mr. Cooper - Welcome to God's end of the country. I suggest you contact the Battalion of the Common Soldier on Facebook. Good bunch of hardcore guys portraying both sides primarily out of Southern California.

Mr. Corry - Can't make out in your avatar what side you portray, but I invite you to join me and my pards in the 14th Tennessee camp at Kearney Park. While there are some good campaigner guys in other units, the 14th is the only full campaigner unit in either the NCWA or ACWA.

Both of you are welcome to PM me for more information.
      Eric Paape
      Because the world needs
      one more aging reenactor

Comment

Get with Dom Dal Bello if you want to do Federal Campaigner in CA, or Heath Hammond, Sean Malis, etc, etc, all campaigner guys. I wish you could tag guys on here!!
        Frank Siltman
        24th Mo Vol Inf
        Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
        Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
        Company of Military Historians
        Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Get with Dom Dal Bello if you want to do Federal Campaigner in CA, or Heath Hammond, Sean Malis, etc, etc, all campaigner guys. I wish you could tag guys on here!!
          All of whom are active on the Battalion of the Common Soldier site.
          Eric Paape
          Because the world needs
          one more aging reenactor

Comment

Working...
          X