Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Units in Central PA

Gentlemen:

I recently moved to central PA and want to get back into the fray; I'm equipped as Union infantryman, but am not picky about what side I represent. Can anyone recommend a good unit or two? Much obliged.
    Will Jolly

Re: Units in central PA

Will
    Are you looking for a strictly authentic campaigner unit? I have to be honest, I'm the Captain of a main stream unit based in Central PA.

Thanks
    John
    John Mort

Comment

When I lived in Carlisle there was the 83rd PVI which went TU last I knew, and the 53rd PVI, both campaigner infantry units, but that was 11 years ago. I did stuff with both of them, but I only lived there a year as a student at Carlisle Barracks. The 53rd's website is still up, and they are part of the National Regiment.
      Frank Siltman
      24th Mo Vol Inf
      Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
      Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
      Company of Military Historians
      Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by Captmort11th View Post
        Will
        Are you looking for a strictly authentic campaigner unit? I have to be honest, I'm the Captain of a main stream unit based in Central PA.

Thanks
        John
        Hey John,

I'm getting back in the hobby and have reactivated my account on here, so sorry about not replying sooner. I'd actually prefer a mainstream unit at this time, and would love to learn more about your unit.

Will
        Will Jolly

Comment

Working...
        X