Looking for an authenticity focused living history unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an authenticity focused living history unit

I live in Maryland near Washington, DC and have been involved in living history in one way or another since a lad in 1964. First Civil War, then French and Indian War and finally the Revolutionary War. I took a break from the hobby for nearly two decades and focused on collecting and research. I rekitted a couple of years ago for 18th century military events but not Civil War.

I am now at the point where I want to get back to my roots and my passion - the Civil War. Living history is more important to me than reenactments or shooting (although I have done plenty of both).

I am looking for a unit of like-minded folks in the area (Maryland/No. Virginia/Central Penna.). I am not looking for an historically themed family camping group.

I have always sought to "do it right" (authentically) and I served in the military. While I may not be in the field every weekend, when I am I want to be with a unit that is creating an authentic impression of common soldiers on campaign during the war.

Please feel free to contact me off-line at gffranks3@yahoo.com

Respectfully,

George
    Bethesda, Maryland

Member, Company of Military Historian
    Vice President, Capitol Hill Civil War Round Table

Re: Looking for an authenticity focused living history unit

George

I highly recommend looking into either the Columbia Rifles or the Stone Wall Brigade.
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][B]Steve Ewing[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][URL=http://tarwatermess.homestead.com]Tar Water Mess[/URL]
    [URL=http://ghti.homestead.com]GHTI[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]"There is something in the very air which makes every Kentuckian a soldier." Z. Taylor[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Re: Looking for an authenticity focused living history unit

George,

(Mod hat) Please sign your posts with your full name, first and last.

(Member hat) Thanks Steve. Please check us out at www.stonewallbrigade.com. We are primarily CS, but several members attended the Wilderness event as Feds earlier this month.

Welcome back
      Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
      X