wanted units in IL information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted units in IL information

Hello. We, husabnd Bill and I Sam, have been looking to join a unit for about two years now. With no luck. We live in Illionis by Peoria. Bill is from Michigan and belonged to an artiliry unit up there. Actually he helped run a cannon school too. So we are on the look out for artiliry or civilian unit to join. Please pass along any info you may have for units here. Can't wait to see what you send. And thanks in advance for your help.
    Sam
    Samantha James II
    Middle Il.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Blue"]"...he grasped early what many never understood- organization is power." Elmer E. Ellsworth from Lincoln's War[/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: wanted units in IL information

Originally posted by cwar1864 View Post
    Hello. We, husabnd Bill and I Sam, have been looking to join a unit for about two years now. With no luck. We live in Illionis by Peoria. Bill is from Michigan and belonged to an artiliry unit up there. Actually he helped run a cannon school too. So we are on the look out for artiliry or civilian unit to join. Please pass along any info you may have for units here. Can't wait to see what you send. And thanks in advance for your help.
    Sam
    Yes, but Sam who?
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Good Day,

We are a cavalry reenacting unit in Illinois. The 3rd Tn Cav. We have mounted and dismounted troopers and work closely with the 2nd Ky Cav, wiith their mountain howitzer.
      If you would like more info contact me.

Lt. Kevin Wright
      at cwcav3tn@ yahoo.com :D
      Kevin Wright
      10th Illinois Company H
      3rd TN Cavalry Co C

Comment

Sorry I was unaware of the full name thing until just now. Sam Smith or Samantha Smith. Il.
        I am working to add this to my posts from now on.
        Samantha James II
        Middle Il.
        [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Blue"]"...he grasped early what many never understood- organization is power." Elmer E. Ellsworth from Lincoln's War[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

I see no new posts here for a few months, so I will post here as I am interested in joining with an Illinois unit if possible. In any case, I intend to be a yank since I am from Illinois.

I am new to reenacting. I have little to no gear yet. The one store I have been in was in Corinth Mississippi. I got a couple basic items there, but the owner cautioned me about buying any uniform or other specific items until I had hooked up with a unit, and to first see what they require for uniforms and such.

So I am looking for a unit to apply to, so I would know what to get, and where to get it, so I do not wind up buying things over and over to get it right the first go-round.

Thanks,

Ron Mueller
          Edwardsville, IL
          (Southern Illinois)
          Ron Mueller
          Illinois
          New Madrid Guards

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?
          Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
          Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X