24th Mississippi Volunteers "Buena Vista Hornets"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24th Mississippi Volunteers "Buena Vista Hornets"

Gents, I'm looking to form a new unit. (Bet you've never heard that before). Where I live the only units around are mainstrem units. I much prefer being known as a "hardcore."

With a household full of children and enough work to keep me busy let me tell you what I have in mind.

Definetly progressive. Definetly a campaign style unit.

Many of the guys I know act in units that do East Coast (Army of Northern VA) units. Here would be an opportunity to go as an AOT unit between 2 and 4 times per year and not be in conflict with your "main unit." I don't want to fish for members in other units. I can't go many times throughout the season because of my commitments at home. But, I would like this to be an opportunity for guys that maybe want to go more or do something a little different. Maybe some progressive federals that want to be a rebel 2 or 3 times a year.

I live in the southwestern corner of Indiana just north of Evansville, and I would like to have any and all input. Whether you are interested in getting involved or merely passing along some points I should be aware of.

I have no ego. I don't especially want to be an officer. I would much prefer it to be a small mess style unit rather than a Company even though the Hornets were Co. H of the 24th Volunteer regiment.

Looking forward to any and all input.

I can be contacted via PM or through a response thread. Essentially, I AM the unit right now. So, there really is no other point of contact. Just wanted to make sure I am sticking to the rules.

Cordially,
    Mark Wallace
    Last edited by Wabash&Erie; 07-29-2007, 07:10 PM.

Re: 24th Mississippi Volunteers "Buena Vista Hornets"

Moderators, please delete this thread.

Mark Wallace

Comment

Working...
    X