Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaigners at Pilot Knob

Hello,
    Is anyone going or know of progressive or hardcore units attending the Pilot Knob reenactment this weekend (September 21-23, 2007)? I'm planning on falling in with the Holmes Brigade and would like to meet any of y'all active on this site.

Thanks and hope to meet some of you soon.
    [B][COLOR="Navy"]PVT. Matthew Shomaker[/COLOR][/B]
    [I]Proud Missourian[/I]
    "Here there are no forces to fight but a few hundred bushwhackers that will lie by the roadside in the swamp, and I believe they would murder Jesus Christ if they thought he was a Union man."
    [COLOR="Red"]
    Marmaduke's Raid
    MSG Returns to Boonesfield Village
    [/COLOR]

Re: Campaigners at Pilot Knob

There's a couple messes, New Madrid Guards and Tater Mess plus friends joining together as Confederates with Frank Aufmuth as our commander. We'll be marching in from Arcadia on Sat. morning. If you're one of the Holmes boys at the courthouse you might see us coming.

Thinking of camping on Shepard Mt. on Sat. night.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

Re: Campaigners at Pilot Knob

Yep, we have an ad hoc CS group attending and the Holmes boys are a good bunch of guys. Spoke with them earlier in the week and they have a lot things planned and we'll be interacting with them on some things. I haven't heard if the Hairy Nation lads (Holler? Ya out there?) or the Hard Case boys will be there yet. They are both in the neighborhood though.

This is a great Civil War fort on the actual battlefield, most have probably not seen or heard about. The impressions, from Price's 1864 Raid, are also unique.

By all means come introduce yourself....

Best Regards
      Jay Stevens
      Tater Mess
      Independent Volunteers
      Iron Man Mess
      Reenactor Preservation Coalition
      Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
      Lost Tribes, October 2009
      Bummers, November 2009
      Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
      The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
      In the Van, August 2010
      Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Working...
      X