Broken Arrow, OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Arrow, OK

Looking to perhaps join a unit. I want to attend a reenactment. I believe there is one in Talequah, OK in December. Can anyone confirm? Are there others near Tulsa?
    Thanks,
    Scott Jackson

[I]To move swiftly, strike vigorously, and secure all fruits of victory is the secret of a successful war.[/I][B]Gen. Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson, 1863[/B]

Re: Broken Arrow, OK

Contact Cal Kinzer with the Union Rifles at: ckinzer@juno.com
    They are out of OK.

Jim Butler
    Jim Butler

Comment

Hello Scott,

We are recruiting for the 1st Arkansas Battalion CSA, Company G. Send me a private message for more details and I can get you fixed up. Do you live in Broken Arrow? I reside in Pauls Valley. My email is rebjeb16@yahoo.com if you can't use the p.m. function yet.

Here is a link to our site with loads of photos

Look forward to hearing from you
      Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
      16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
      Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Cal Kinzer's group is now the 2nd Colorado, and OK also has the 77th Pa, all part of the Frontier Bde if you are interested in Federals. All around OK, but most members in the Tulsa and Stillwater area. Be prepared for a mix as there are those of us who strive for more authenticity, but there are lots of mainstream guys who aren't as dedicated.

Lots of Johnnies, as you have found already from the ARK boys.

There is a State Historical Society event near you this weekend, 28-30 Sept in Vinita, OK, Cabin Creek, where Stand Watie attacked Federals resupplying Fort Gibson and the 1st Ks (colored) fought the Cherokees. I think it is a very mainstream event, but will be there.

Also in the last weekend of Oct is the Bentonville/Pea Ridge Event in Ark.
        Frank Siltman
        24th Mo Vol Inf
        Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
        Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
        Company of Military Historians
        Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
        X