• Show
Clear All

• Groups in FL

Hello,

Any good groups in FL?

Thanks
    Chris Reed

Re: Groups in FL

There has been at least three posts in the last couple of years asking this same question, and the short answer is their are pockets of resistance in the war for authenticity. There are members of SCAR (Southeast coalition for Authentic Reenacting), an umbrella groups of units and messes in the southeast. I'm not at my home computer currently, but if you do a Google search you can come across the SCAR website. The Florida units there are the 48th NY , the Buckras Mess, and there are several Floridians who are part of the Salt River Rifles out of Georgia. There are plenty of events down here, but most are pretty bad. Sometimes we can make the best of it, but most of the time we tend to travel.
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Re: Groups in FL

Ross,

Thanks for the info! I might get sent down there to do recruiting this coming up year after I get back from Iraq so just feeling the water out.

Thanks
      Chris Reed

Comment

Working...
      X