Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting in Colorado

Hey Pards
    We are recruiting here in Colorado for Dodds Independent Company of Colorado volunteers. We are in the Canon City area where they were actually enlisted at. One third of us are from the AOP (ARMY OF THE PACIFIC). The rest just want to do it right and are learning.
    If there is anyone in Colorado or you have pards here your welcome to contact us. At present we have 10 in the ranks. We drill and drill and drill some more then we have a live fire at least once a month.
    Civil war is now alive and well here in Colorado. We also will be working with Ft. Union National monument as well as Pecos National Park.
    Feel Free to call me at (719) 275-6020 or E mail me at sgtclink764@yahoo.com

Re: Recruiting in Colorado

Hello from the First Colorado Volunteer Infantry, Co D out of Denver. Welcome to the neighborhood. Please contact me off forum and we can discuss all things living history in Colorado for the last 35 years. I would like to tell you what we have been doing at Fort Union and Pecos for the last decade. Any of you boys going to Marmaduke's Raid? We should carpool.
    I Remain,
    Kurt Knierim
    1st Colorado Volunteer Infantry, Co D
    "Gilpin's Pet Lambs"
    krknierim@comcast.net
    Kurt R. Knierim
    "Gilpin's Pet Lambs"
    Horsetooth Mess
    [I]“…I do think our Co the best that ever was raised in any country all large men
    and the most of them d--- sharp.”[/I][SIZE="1"]
    -Alonzo Ickis, First Colorado Volunteers, 1861[/SIZE]

Comment

Howdy neighbors. Perhaps we could head from the West and you from the North and we could meet up over in New Mexico sometime. ;-)

We are planning on heading out To Marmaduke's Raid. Look forward to seeing you there.
      Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
      1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
      Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

Sounds Bully. We (1st Colorado) will be involved in a LH at Pecos for the 146th Glorieta anniversary. If any of you boys are interested, I would be happy to post the itenerary from the NPS.

I Remain,
        Kurt Knierim
        “…I do think our Co the best that ever was raised in any country
        all large men and the most of them d--- sharp.”
        -Alonzo Ickis, First Colorado Volunteer Infantry, 1861
        Kurt R. Knierim
        "Gilpin's Pet Lambs"
        Horsetooth Mess
        [I]“…I do think our Co the best that ever was raised in any country all large men
        and the most of them d--- sharp.”[/I][SIZE="1"]
        -Alonzo Ickis, First Colorado Volunteers, 1861[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
        X