• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flatlander's Mess

1.Name: The Flatlander’s Mess
    2.Type of organization : Mess
    3. Locale :South Georgia and North Florida
    4.Impressions: Confederate with emphasis on western theater, Federal with an emphasis on western theater of operations, Rural Southern Civilians
    5.Point of Contact: Joseph Gangler joeygangler@hotmail.com
    6. Website Link: http://flatlandersmess62.googlepages.com
    We are a group of Civil War re-enactors/historical interpreters from South Georgia and North Florida who want to bring a bit more realism and authenticity into our impressions. We were bored with the corndog festivals which are associated with most battle”re-enactments” We wanted to put more emphasis on campaigning and portraying the life of the average Union and Confederate soldier.
    We choose not to recreate any specific unit but instead focus on portraying the average western theater Union and Confederate soldiers and occasionally other theaters as well as non-combatant roles mostly of rural Georgia/Florida civilians. This hobby is a continual learning process and we realize that we can never truly experience the full measure of a civil war soldier. However we think our ancestors deserve the best representation we can give of them. Thanks.

Re: The Flatlander's Mess

Whereabouts in S. Georgia/N. Florida? I'm a college student at ABAC in Tifton and I've been looking for a unit to fall in with down here.
    Ben Fowler

In honor of Capt. William Joshua Neary, Quartermaster, 44th Ga. Inf.; Co. K

Not a member of The Leave Early Rifles

Comment

Re: The Flatlander's Mess

Hello,

We are based out of Valdosta , GA with members as far south as Branford, FL and north as Nashville, GA. Tifton is right close to us. shoot me an email @ joeygangler@hotmail.com

btw sign your posts before the mods get ya'

Comment

Working...
      X