Independent Rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent Rifles

Gentlemen, I would like to invite those of you that are lonely and without a home to fall in with the Independent Rifles at any upcoming event. We are a platoon/company sized unit that is currently recruiting those with a good impression, a willingness to learn, desire to teach those new to the hobby, and must have a good attitude. The Independent Rifles are commanded by the infamous, Patrick Landrum. We have members in Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Tennessee. If you are interested in falling in with us, feel free to contact our commander. We hope to meet many of you soon.

Patrick Landrum's e-mail is westernpicket63@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Justin Morris; 04-01-2008, 08:39 PM.
    [B]Justin Morris[/B]
    [B]Independent Rifles[/B]
    "And All of Hell Followed"

Shiloh, IR Confederate Campaigner Adjunct Battalion, Cleburne's Division, March 30 to April 1, 2012

Re: Independent Rifles

The world famous Pat Landrum. I can see me having to address him as such from now on. . .that's going to be so fun. :D
    Regards,
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]J.L. Hurst[/I][/FONT]

[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Independant Rifles[/FONT][/B]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Like vandals of old through our land they did ride
    With Hunger and Death always close by their side.
    Came Terror, his herald - but the wailing comes first . . .
    We know he is coming, That demon called Hurst[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I] Who ate my Nutter Butter!?!? Said the angry yet still hungry fellow from Gulf Port[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

Comment

Actually Sir Hurst, Mr. Landrum shall henceforth be known as the Lord of Gulfportshire, Earl of Longbeachdom and Saviour of the People of aforeto mentioned lands. You sir shall be known as Little John.

Signed,
      The Duke of Earl
      [B]Justin Morris[/B]
      [B]Independent Rifles[/B]
      "And All of Hell Followed"

Shiloh, IR Confederate Campaigner Adjunct Battalion, Cleburne's Division, March 30 to April 1, 2012

Comment

Pip Pip good sir! Also hence forth Mr. DesRochers shall be known as the Duke Of Hazzard. Mr. Tilley as Sherrif of St. Francise, and Mr. Cleavland as the court Jester.
        Regards,

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Like vandals of old through our land they did ride

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I] Who ate my Nutter Butter!?!? Said the angry yet still hungry fellow from Gulf Port[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

Comment

Court Jester? Are you serious. Jamie Barr can tell the better story, for sure. He should be known as the court jester. Casey's just funny to look at...
          Shannon Tilley
          Independent Rifles

Comment

Mr. DesRochers , the "Duke of Hazzard"!!! LMAO
            [SIZE="4"][FONT="Impact"]Jason Thibodeaux[/FONT][/SIZE]
            Independent Rifles
            Swamp Angels
            Pelican Civil War Lodge #1861

Comment

Self proclaimed too. ;)
              Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by s_tilley View Post
                Court Jester? Are you serious. Jamie Barr can tell the better story, for sure. He should be known as the court jester. Casey's just funny to look at...
                :omg_smile

Speak like Yoda he does. . .
                Regards,

Comment

In regards to the Independent Rifles...I must get this off my chest. Those group of men, they may have the most authentic dogs in the hobby, but their cooking is the worst:wink_smil

A.K.A.

Chef Henr'i

Comment

But no one goes hungry!
                    [SIZE="4"][FONT="Impact"]Jason Thibodeaux[/FONT][/SIZE]
                    Independent Rifles
                    Swamp Angels
                    Pelican Civil War Lodge #1861

Comment

Hey Thib,

How true you are, cest bon apitiete'

Comment

It does stink. . .but . . .well ok it's not good, but when is army food supposed to be good?

Personally boil beef & cabbage is a treat for me. Hot coffee too? COUNT ME IN!
                        Regards,

Comment

I wanted to take a minute and build off of what Justin and others have put on this thread.

The Independent Rifles were originally formed in April of 2005. We hosted a Living History at the Carter House in August 2005. That weekend was an odd one for me, I had just moved to Tennessee and on Friday talked to my Mom about a small storm in the Gulf called Katrina. Sunday when I talked to her, she was telling me where the legal paperwork was...just in case. I also put together a Confederate Issue shirt run for this event. Gave a nice touch.

We did a mess sized adjunct at Perryville that same year with members of the Waco Mess.

After that we hosted the Fort Donelson Living History. Such famous moments in the Hobby as Matt Woodburn's "Half a Pie" speech, Mr. Here's your Mule Feed, The Great Vinegar Vomiting Sgt, and "Sgt Landrum what is this stuff" "It's snow"...came from this event.

2006 got quiet from then on out. I helped out with Fort Granger, and led a company at Rich Mountain while Justin took a break from the hobby.

In 2007 there was probably the largest undertaking of an event for this group- Vicksburg Life on the Line. I think we redefined Hot event here. After that I headed up a company at Chickamauga and Outpost for the WIG.

We are also a rarity in the CW community now- we're looking to form a Company sized group. We have elections of leaders every year. We do both Confederate and Federal. Although we do not have a civilian group, we do often include them in our events. That civilian contact stays pretty constant, and probably will for the duration of the group.

If you're looking for a good group of guys to fall in with at quality events, or even to link up with when we go to some mainstream events for some fun, drop me an email. We have members in Middle and North Louisiana, South Mississippi, Middle Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Central and South Alabama.
                          Patrick Landrum
                          Independent Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by coastaltrash View Post
                            We have members in Middle and North Louisiana, South Mississippi, Middle Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Central and South Alabama.
                            Dont forget Georgia, the crazy eyes of Selma come from there.
                            Troy Alton aka Leo Smythers
                            Smythers Mess
                            Independent Rifles
                            Yellowhammer Rifles
                            19th Tennessee

Comment

Boys,if I ever make it to an IR event,I will make sure you boys eat well.As the Waco:I can cook.
                              Cullen Smith
                              South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Working...
                              X