Smith Cartridge Packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith Cartridge Packaging

I am looking for a photo and/or construction details on how Smith carbine cartridges came packaged for issue. I checked the internet and various reference books, and so far can only come up with images of original cartridges and no packaging.
    Any information you can offer will be appreciated. Thanks

Jay Johnson

Re: Smith Cartridge Packaging

Jay,

While I'm no expert on the Smith and it's ammo, my good friend Allan "JB" Ezersky is. I'll get in touch with him a see if he can help you out.

John Sweeney

Comment

I saw an original unopened package of Smith cartridges for sale one to two years ago. It might have been in the catalog put out by the Horse Soldier in Gettysburg. It appeared to be 10 cartridges to the package and it had a Poultney and Trimble label on it dated 1863. Interestingly these were brass-cartridge Smith rounds rather than the earlier linen and hard rubber cartridges.

Ken Morris

Comment

Cartridges Unlimited out of Missouri produces repro. Smith Cartridges and packaging. I'm not sure of his references but his pistol packages that I have seen are first rate.
        Originally posted by CavLt
        I am looking for a photo and/or construction details on how Smith carbine cartridges came packaged for issue. I checked the internet and various reference books, and so far can only come up with images of original cartridges and no packaging.
        Any information you can offer will be appreciated. Thanks

Jay Johnson
        [COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Phil Gibbons[/COLOR]

Comment

Hallo Kamerad!

If your search has not been successful, please feel free to e-mail me Off-Forum, and I can be of specific help.

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
          Curt Schmidt
          In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
          -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
          -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
          -Vastly Ignorant
          -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
          X