more jenny tree talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: more jenny tree talk

I have to admit that a patent model saddle tree woudl be very interesting too becaus eone yould also build US Jennifers with it. Something nobody seem to have considered yet. The Jennifer was not only used by CS cav but the one or the other US CO had one of them too.
    Jan H.Berger
    Hornist

German Mess
    http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Comment

I just did a cursory look at this but it is an interesting Federal Jenifer.....looks like war time vintage. Thoughts?

Ken R knopp

Comment

Ken, have you seen mortice plates like those before? I don't think I have.
        John G Tucker
        Greg Tucker

Comment

Yes indeed, I did bring the Jenny trees up to the COI. Just for input and review. The few people who were interested, looked at them very closely, and I thought, were very satisified with the trees. I actually thought there were be more talk about these particular Jenny trees from the standpoint of their quality of construction and authenticity, but so far no one has chimed it except for Tommy! Thanks Tommy for the input and your evaluation of the trees. I would like to hear from those folks that started the Jenny Tree thread, that saw the trees at COI, to chime in and let me know what they thought. I know it has been a real labor of love for myself and the maker, Rory Hay, to see this project come to fruition. Rory has also made it known that he would be willing to do the Pattern Model as well. So come on, learned ones! Tell us what you think! Also, for those of you that saw Ken's talk on saddles, he had all three of my Jenny saddles on display, so hopefully ya'll got a look then.
          Jesse Bailey

Comment

Jesse, I was very impressed after seeing the trees in person at the C.O.I. The thing that I thought was cool was the fact that the cantle was attached to a "shelf" much like the early Allegheny Arsenal Mac's. A lesser treemaker would have omited that as a shortcut when duplacating the tree.
            Ya'll have done a great job, looking foward to the finished tree.

Chris Stewart
            Seventh Tennessee Cavalry, Co D

Comment

I would have liked to see how they fit different horses. The are very nice trees though and I like the rawhide job on the finished one.
              John Clinch ~ The Texas Waddi of the "Far Flung Mess"

"Fighting the Texans is like walking into a den of wildcats"- Union private
              "When a Texan fancies he'll take his chances, chances will be taken..."

Comment

Working...
              X