Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking mounted cav units in NC

gentlemen,

i am seeking information on availability(SP) of mounted cavalry units in NC. we are moving to Charlotte this summer. i am currently with the 6th Ala Cav, CSA.
    i thank all in advance for any and all assistance.

regards,
    neil thomas
    safetyneil1111@yahoo.com

Re: seeking mounted cav units in NC

I ride with the Iron Scouts of the Palmetto Living History Association. We have members in Hendersonville, Ashville, Columbia and the Upstate of SC. Send me an email off line if you'd like more information. I do business in Charlotte too, what line of work are you in? Best wishes in the move.

Regards,

Neill Rose
    PLHA
    ironscout@charter.net

Comment

Re: seeking mounted cav units in NC

Neil,

I just read your post regarding moving to Charlotte. As to authentic cavalry units in North Carolina the pickin’s are regrettably slim. Neill Rose and the Iron Scouts are an excellent group - you won’t go wrong there at all. Coley Adair and the Critter Company attend authentic events in the Carolinas, as well as Western Theatre events, to give you another contact.

I would love to see an authentic group of North Carolina cavalry come together, but as yet that hasn’t happened.

I’m glad to hear of another military horseman in the area. I live in Salisbury which is about 45 miles north of Charlotte, up I-85, and I’m always looking for folks to go riding with. There are tons of great places to ride in the Charlotte area – I went riding at Morrow Mountain yesterday, which is maybe an hour from Charlotte. Let me know when you get settled in and we’ll hit some trails.

My email address is: pinemanor@direcway.com.

Good luck with your move. Welcome to North Carolina!

Dennis Blue

Comment

Working...
      X