Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14th Virginia Cavalry Regimental Colors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14th Virginia Cavalry Regimental Colors.

Greetings Men,

I'm fairly new to the Hobby/Lifestyle. I'm currently a Dismounted Trooper with the 14th Virginia Cavalry, Company G "Border Rangers". I really want to add authenticity to my Unit, and my impression. Currently my company does not have Regimental Colors. I wish to fix this. However I can't seem to find any evidence of a surviving captured flag of the 14th Virginia, or a image of what it would have looked like.

I believe the most likely survivor would be the Colors captured by Medal of Honor Recipient James F. Adams (Company D, 1st West Virginia Volunteer Cavalry Regiment) who was awarded his medal for capturing the Regimental Colors of the 14th Virginia on November 12, 1864, at Nineveh in Virginia.

The last would be Regimental Colors captured by the 4th Pennsylvania Cavalry after the Battle of Appomattox Courthouse, where the 14th Virginia had furled them and leaned them against a tree after their Color Bearer was fatally wounded.

While I know it is possible that the Regimental Colors of the 14th Virginia may be lost to History. I was hoping some one might know where I could find either an image of the Colors or an idea of what the colors might have looked like, so I could possibly order a custom one built.
    Chandler White

Re: 14th Virginia Cavalry Regimental Colors.

Chandler,

If you go onto the Museum of the Confederacy's website, they have the both flags of the 14th Virginia Cavalry that you mentioned in their collection.
    Stephen Pavey
    "The Broadside Mess"

Comment

Re: 14th Virginia Cavalry Regimental Colors.

PaveyWV,

Thank you so much. I never knew of that archive of information, and never would have thought about looking there. This will really help me and my Company.
      Chandler White

Comment

Working...
      X