Federal picket pin variance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal picket pin variance

Of the two different figure 8 federal picket pins I see excavated, would one be more accurate for a given theater of war, or a particular time frame?
    Gre tucker
    Greg Tucker

Re: Federal picket pin variance

[QUOTE=malachi;266699]Of the two different figure 8 federal picket pins I see excavated, would one be more accurate for a given theater of war, or a particular time frame?
    Just want to know if they're both commonly issued pieces.
    Greg Tucker
    Greg Tucker

Comment

Greg, I am an advanced collector of US military horse gear, I have found a number of specimens of federal picket pins that are 4 inches shorter then the standard 1861 issue pin. I thought it might be a mistake, civilian at most but came across diggers which have unearthed same pins in the deep south. One of my pins came from an old advanced collection in Texas and the other from an old well know artist in New England. Just wondered if anyone has run into one of these pins or has unearthed a southern connection?

Thank you,

Mitch Fenton
      Mitchell Fenton

Comment

Greg, thanks for your reply, I will try and pull up the document but I think it was "62" in year era of the battle, like i said I have run into at least 3 of these short models now so I know they are not a one off, will post pics soon
        Mitchell Fenton

Comment

Working...
        X