Griswold and Gunnison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griswold and Gunnison

Not sure if any of you guys doing cavalry would be interested but there is a Navy Arms Griswold and Gunnison revolver on www.auctionarms.com. it is item number 6028330. Seller has it mismarked as a 1860 Army. Going pretty cheap.

There used to be a lot of these repro Confederate revolvers available but I had a hard time last year find one of the Leech and Rigdon repros.

Anyway, just thought some one on this forum might be looking for one of these.
    Last edited by JimKindred; 08-28-2004, 10:08 PM.
    Jim Kindred

Re: Griswold and Gunnison

Just for the sake of discussion, did G&G actually make any .44 cal revolvers? I'm assuming they're right about the caliber, and that it's not actually a .36 cal?
    Michael McComas
    drudge-errant

Comment

It could be a .36. If the guy mismarked it as a 1860 Army he could have very well missed the caliber too.
      Jim Kindred

Comment

Originally posted by JimKindred
        It could be a .36. If the guy mismarked it as a 1860 Army he could have very well missed the caliber too.
        Relook at the photo. It's a .44 cal. The cylinder is the clue.
        Charles Bradford
        Texas

Comment

Oh well, forget this one then. I didn't look that close, the only pistols I look at closely are Walthers.
          Jim Kindred

Comment

I just you are talking about the step on the rebated cylinder and the cut in the frame.
            Gil Davis Tercenio

"A man with a rifle is a citizen; a man without one is merely a subject." - the late Mark Horton, Captain of Co G, 28th Ala Inf CSA, a real hero

Comment

Originally posted by JimKindred
              Oh well, forget this one then. I didn't look that close, the only pistols I look at closely are Walthers.
              Jim,

I'll trade you my .36 cal Navy Arms G&G for a couple Walther P99 mags. :wink_smil
              Michael McComas
              drudge-errant

Comment

That one is too new for me, all I have are war time P38's, PP's and PPK's. :wink_smil
                Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
                X