Which MBS boots to get????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which MBS boots to get????

Hello all. I am going to be purchasing a pair of 16 inch cavalry boots from Missouri Boot and Shoe in the near future, I was wanting to see what your opinion is. Should I go with the square top boots, or the style with the 2 inch flap in the front??
    Also, where were we on planning of the authentic cavalry event before the board went down??? I recall someone posting a proposed date and place, but cant recall what either was. Thanks Dan Chmelar
    Dan Chmelar
    Semper Fi
    -ONV
    -WIG
    -CIR!

Re: Which MBS boots to get????

Dan,
    The drill will be March 16,17,18 2007 In East Tennessee along the KY TN state line .I am goin there next week end to confirm all arrangements . We will have more info after next weekend.

Sorry I don't know anything about boots .
    Jerry Ross
    Critter Co.
    Jerry Ross
    Withdraw to Fort Donelson Feb 2012

Just a sinner trying to change

Hog Driver
    Lead ,Follow or Get out of the way !

Comment

Re: Which MBS boots to get????

Originally posted by IowaYank
      Hello all. I am going to be purchasing a pair of 16 inch cavalry boots from Missouri Boot and Shoe in the near future, I was wanting to see what your opinion is. Should I go with the square top boots, or the style with the 2 inch flap in the front??
      Also, where were we on planning of the authentic cavalry event before the board went down??? I recall someone posting a proposed date and place, but cant recall what either was. Thanks Dan Chmelar
      Personally, I recommend you go with standard issue brogans. In general, cavalry boots are WAY over represented in the hobby. Unless new documentation has surfaced and no one told me, I don't know of any sound evidence that troopers were issued cavalry boots in any kinds of great numbers. They were usually private purchase items. If your heart is set on cavalry boots, then consider your impression. If you're portraying a common trooper, then less is more. Try not to be flamboyant. In my opinion, when boots were worn, they were more likely to have been shorter top boots.
      Larry Morgan
      Buttermilk Rangers

Comment

Working...
      X