CS Cavalry Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Cavalry Trousers

Friends, I have a chance to reproduce a very nice pair of CS Cavalry trousers with a reinforced seat, fully documented with a provenance to a private in a Va. Cav. unit. Would there be a market for them ? Thoughts ?
    Last edited by Richmond Depot; 10-26-2006, 11:59 AM. Reason: Add more info.
    Fenny I Hanes

Richmond Depot, Inc.
    PO BOX 4849
    Midlothian, VA 23112
    www.richmonddepot.com
    (804)305-2968

Re: CS Cavalry Trousers

Originally posted by Richmond Depot
    Friends, I have a chance to reproduce a very nice pair of CS Cavalry trousers with a reinforced seat, fully documented with a provenance to a private in a Va. Cav. unit. Would there be a market for them ? Thoughts ?
    I'd be interested, you can read the paper thru the seat of my old trowsers, :D and they'd sure be spiffy with one of yer depot shell jackets..can ya give any details? fabric/pockets ect??
    Gary Mitchell
    2nd Va. Cavalry Co. C
    Stuart's horse artillery

Comment

Scott,

What are the material/pattern/construction details like (i.e. Do they follow common lines or are they atypical?)? What is the provenance and how reliable is it? Is there reason to believe they were an item of central government issue (and as a corollary: How common would they have been?)?

Cheers,
      [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][B]Aden Nichols
      [/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]"Great spirits have always experienced violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I can't release the full details at this time, however, the provenance is guaranteed. The pattern is unusual, the fabric is affordable but will need to be custom woven. Common ? Never seen a pattern like them, but then again, I haven't seen any CS enlisted Cav. trousers before either. Definitley a commutation piece based upon the time of useage.
        Fenny I Hanes

Richmond Depot, Inc.
        PO BOX 4849
        Midlothian, VA 23112
        www.richmonddepot.com
        (804)305-2968

Comment

This still doesn't tell me much about them other than they were tailor made and not a government issue. Jaguar trousers come to mind.... What's the fabric? I would suggest people stick with the most common issued type trousers rather than an exception to the rule. There is little evidence, if any, the government produced anything different in the way of trousers between the branches of service. It would be nice for once to see more than a handful cav in jean cloth. Before we start repro-ing uncommon stuff it would be nice to just get people to wear jackets that are the right material, cut, and construction so we start to look like we were supplied from somewhat the same source.
          A nice idea but most cav is soo far from even the average impression that they shouldn't even think about going for something unique as that.
          Todd Kern
          Todd Kern

Comment

I would be interested in the pants.
            Kevin Wright
            10th Illinois Company H
            3rd TN Cavalry Co C

Comment

Working...
            X