Looking for quality artillery battery for Shiloh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for quality artillery battery for Shiloh

Some of us from the Independent Volunteers are wanting to go to Shiloh as the 5th Co., Washington Artillery. The majority of us all have some sort of artillery experience already, and there are also some who are experience with horses. We would like to work a piece of our own within either a section or battery. Please contact me off the forum if either you are a member of an authentic artillery group, or know of a group that we could contact.

Thanks,

nbclark78@gmail.com

(Mods: if this post would be better in the "recruiting" folder, please move it there if need be)
    Nic Clark
    2017 - 24 years in the hobby
    Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Re: In search of quality field artillery / flying artillery group for Shiloh

If you post up front you're willing to help with feed $, care $ and transport $ you might have better luck. Just a thought. And, just an FYI, this isn't something you can learn how to do in a couple pre-event hours.
    Just my meaningless .02.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
    Past President Potomac Legion
    Long time member Columbia Rifles
    Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Re: In search of quality field artillery / flying artillery group for Shiloh

Of course we'd help out. And almost all of us, if not all, have had artillery training and experience. Speaking for myself, I am black powder certified and certified to work an artillery piece by both the State of Louisiana and the National Park Service. And if we find a flying artillery group, we have guys who have grown up with horses who could help drive them. None of us are going into this thinking that we'll show up and fire a cannon. We're all vets of this hobby, thanks.
      Nic Clark

Comment

Looking for quality artillery battery for Shiloh

Members of the Independent Volunteers are desiring to go to Shiloh next year as members of Co. 5, Washington Artillery. Those of us who want to do artillery all have previous artillery experience. There are those among us who also have experience with horses, if your battery uses horses. We desire to have a gun of our own within a section or full battery. Of course, we will drill with your group a time or two, or three, before Shiloh to ensure that we comply with your group's safety procedures. And of course, we will help contribute to the financial cost of putting a gun in the field for the weekend.

Contact me off the forum privately at nbclark78@gmail.com

Thanks.
        Nic Clark

Comment

Re: Looking for quality artillery battery for Shiloh

Nic,
          Tim Allen here. Kevin Oyarzo and me have put together the 2nd Co Washington Artillery for events here in the east. We plan to go to Shiloh and fall in with Jessie Bailey who is doing 5th Co. Are you with his group? In any event, we have a 12 pound Napolian that we will bring. We also have a 3" Ord. Rifle that we can use for events if we need it. We are looking forward to doing the WA during the next 3 years.
          I remain, your servant,
          Tim Allen
          Tim Allen

Comment

Nic, question: what do the uniforms consist of for this company? From what I've stumbled upon, the early war uniforms of the Washington Artillery were of high quality and something that would take a lot of time and money to accurately construct.
            Jason C. Spellman
            Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Which Washington Artillery?

Paul B.
              Paul B. Boulden Jr.

RAH VA MIL '04
              (Loblolly Mess)
              [URL="http://23rdva.netfirms.com/welcome.htm"]23rd VA Vol. Regt.[/URL]
              [URL="http://www.virginiaregiment.org/The_Virginia_Regiment/Home.html"]Waggoner's Company of the Virginia Regiment [/URL]

[URL="http://www.military-historians.org/"]Company of Military Historians[/URL]
              [URL="http://www.moc.org/site/PageServer"]Museum of the Confederacy[/URL]
              [URL="http://www.historicsandusky.org/index.html"]Historic Sandusky [/URL]

Inscription Capt. Archibold Willet headstone:

"A span is all that we can boast, An inch or two of time, Man is but vanity and dust, In all his flower and prime."

Comment

The ones at shiloh the 5th company.
                Jesse Bailey

Comment

Working...
                X