3 inch ordnance rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 inch ordnance rifle

I just got a 3 inch ordnance rifle barrel and now I need to start the hard part.Where do you guys recommend as the best place to get blueprints and hardware for the carriage? Is there a book or manual that would make my life easier? I can't find anyone local that does artillery that will give me the time of day unless I "donate" my cannon to thier group.

richard franz

Re: 3 inch ordnance rifle

Who manufactured the tube? They should be the first ones you start with.
    Jim Kindred

Comment

Richard,
      Give Steve Cameron a call. He is in Blaine, TN. He is in the business of making of Civil War Artillery, carriages, tubes, implements, etc. He does outstanding work. His phone number is 865-932-1200.

Dave
      [COLOR="blue"][SIZE="3"]Dave Kennard[/SIZE][/COLOR]
      Burrough's Battery/1st E. TN
      Knoxville, TN

[COLOR="red"][I]"I sure wish I was as good a man as my dog thinks I am"[/I][/COLOR]

Comment

Antique Ordnance Publishers sells the plans for a number one carriage. You can find them on line
        Dan Sechrist
        1st Texas Light Artillery
        Alamo City Guards
        "Do Justice, Let the Sky Fall"

May the multitude of your foes be like small dust, and the multitude of tyrants like flying chaff. And in the instant, suddenly, you will be visited by the Lord of Artillery with thunder and earthquake and great noise, with whirlwind and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.

Comment

Working...
        X