Welcome!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!!

Ken and I wish to welcome those of you of the Cavalry community, to this new forum and sounding board. This is one of several steps that are being taken to offer more to those cavalrymen who are working to improve their impression and are wanting to progress to the upper eschelon of "cavalry reenacting" and yet are uncertain of which roads to take. As the header says, this is for more "entry level" questions which will free up the discussions on the main Cavalry Forum for more authentic topics. We realize that we are working with a very broad spectrum of individuals in this interest, that cover from the seasoned veteran to the neophyte beginner. If you can benefit from these questions, then great. If their basic nature is not to your liking, then stay off of it. It is that simple.

There are more items in store, but we hope you will use this as a learning tool. There will be a more formal announcement of rules for this as well as our other projects, in the very near future.

I do want to say at this time, that Ken and I are very appreciative of the "Big Bugs" (ie. Matt, Paul, Justin & Tripp) in their support of our efforts and to Matt especially for his help in setting this up. Their support is vital and appreciated!!

So, let the questions begin................

Mark
    J. Mark Choate
    7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Re: Welcome!!

Thank you for the efforts to make a place where new people can ask questions.

Steve
    Steve Sheldon

Comment

Thanks Mark, Ken and everyone else who made this a reality. It will go a long way to help us progress and learn.
      Dennis DeAtley
      North Texas

I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers.
      [B]William Tecumseh Sherman [/B]

Comment

Thanks to all for making this happen. We need new "converts" and they have to have a clearing house to go to --where the standards can be readily defined and correct cav sources listed. They also need patient mentors.

Mark Jacobsen
        --Mark Jacobsen

Comment

Great idea and badly needed! Good work, a place for questions and info gathering where one won't feel intimidated or that some "line"will get crossed and rankel the sensitivies of ...others. plm
          Save me a place at the fire,

Paul L Muller

Comment

Working...
          X