Gearing up for Shiloh 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearing up for Shiloh 150

I am getting ready for the Shiloh event next year and think that being early trans Mississippi I could carry my smooth bore flint lock musket and be correct. Am I right? Also, I have picked up a civilian frock coat and civi pants, how much civilian clothing and equipment is "to much" ? Would that reb be outfitted entirally of home brought stuff, or would he have been issued some or most of his kit? And lastly, is it important to rework my mac. saddle into a csa type, I have the stuff to make it a Richmond arsenal type, but I don't want to change it back and forth ,fed csa,fed, csa. plm
    Last edited by Mark Choate; 08-24-2011, 09:04 AM.
    Save me a place at the fire,

Paul L Muller

Re: gearing up foe Shilo

Paul,

I think all of your questions could be answered by looking at the original thread that was launched in the Cavalry Discussion Forum back a few months ago. A portion of that included the Authenticity guidelines as to what the cavalrymen (both CS and US) would be held to.

Given the fact that our new Cav COI forum is to have event information ("pertinent cavalry events"), then I may try to move that entire thread over to this forum. In the mean time (or if I crash and burn with the attempt) please check that thread out for your answers.

Thanks for the interest and for posting.

regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Choate; 08-24-2011, 09:05 AM.
    J. Mark Choate
    7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

On the civilian clothing issue, I would think that as long as you portrayed a new(ish) trooper then civilian clothing being prevelent would be fine! I know my impression will be mostly civilian equipment with a smattering of military items. On the flintlock issue...I personaly think that they are underrepresented and a few should be used, but I would Pm Mark Choate and ask just to be sure. Now on the sadlle issue.....Don't do it, Ken's guidlines strictly enforce the "no Eastern Pattern CS rigs" I would just leave the Federal saddle as is and ride it as a captured rig (he says that a few troopers will be allowed to do this). Hope that helps you out a little Paul.
      Andrew Verdon

7th Tennessee Cavalry Company D

Tennessee Plowboy #1 of the "Far Flung Mess"

Comment

Mark, you and I must have been typing at the same time!
        Andrew Verdon

7th Tennessee Cavalry Company D

Tennessee Plowboy #1 of the "Far Flung Mess"

Comment

Re: gearing up for Shiloh 150

Yes, Andrew, we must have been hitting "enter" at same time.

All, please note that I have moved the entire Shiloh 150 thread to this forum. Paul, and others with similar good questions, please read it carefully (especially Ken's Auth Guidelines) and you should find answers. If not, feel free to post or pm as needed.

regards,
          Mark
          J. Mark Choate
          7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Many events regulate flinch-locks... some bar the use of pan guards and most prohibit the carrying of powder in a horn. I would think a long as you roll your rounds you'd be okay. I would love to use my Kentucky for MSG, but it has set triggers and no safety, so... Z
            [B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][I]Zack Ziarnek[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
            [email]ill6thcav@yahoo.com[/email]

Authentic Campaigner since 1998... Go Hard or Go Home!

"Look back at our struggle for Freedom, Trace our present day's strength to its source, And you'll find that this country's pathway to glory, Is strewn with the bones of the horse." Anonymous

Comment

Re: Gearing up for Shiloh 150

I would think since percussion squrriel rifles are allowed, you'd think flintlocks would be allowed.
              Cpl. Joseph Lambert
              7th TN Co.D

Comment

Working...
              X