Federal halter squares & rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal halter squares & rings

Does anyone know where to get correct halter squares and rings for a federal halter? All I can find is the round stock bent squares and rings that are a tad to big or small for my liking. I only need enough for one halter .

Thanks,
    Tommy Jackson

Re: Federal halter squares & rings

Contact Ken Knopp, he may have some.
    Andrew Verdon

7th Tennessee Cavalry Company D

Tennessee Plowboy #1 of the "Far Flung Mess"

Comment

Tommy,

Like Andrew said, I think Ken has those very items and they are originals from Lovejoy Sta. battlefield in Ga. if memory serves me.

Mark
      J. Mark Choate
      7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Yeah I've already talked to Ken and bought the ones with the leather still attached, which it's going to stay that way, but I am looking for some repoped ones.
        I know someone makes them but I can't figure out who, I've already tried Weaver leather and all they have is brass or the round stock. The rings that I have seen in the past all have a 1 3/4" inside dia., that is if they were original like I was told, and today all I can find is 1 1/2" or 2" rings.

Tommy Jackson

Comment

Tommy, be a watchin your mail box for a Christmas present. Then let me know what else you need. Ken R Knopp

Comment

Just in case I have plenty of iron buckles etc. in stock which I usually do not sell but you may just ask.
            Jan H.Berger
            Hornist

German Mess
            http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Comment

Dear "Santa Knopp",

I have been a good boy all year long and I would like to have a reproduction "Ringgold" saddle, a pair of "Leech & Rigdon" spurs, a Dance Bros revolver and a back up Spanish moss blanket as mine is showing a bit of wear.

I will watch my mail box, too, just like Tommy!! ;)

signed,
              Mark
              J. Mark Choate
              7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Dear "Saint Knopp",

Like Mark I have been a very good boy all year long! would like a Early British Colonial Bit, a Muller Selma bit, a Leech and Rigdon revolver, and a spanish moss blanket, carbine sling and Bridle!

I will be waiting, could they be here under the tree tomorrow morning?
                Andrew Verdon

7th Tennessee Cavalry Company D

Tennessee Plowboy #1 of the "Far Flung Mess"

Comment

Dear Santa Knopp; I have been pretty good boy, kinda,sorta, well, you know ,anyway , all I want for Christmas is...WORLD PEACE!!! or a big bag of coal. plm
                  Save me a place at the fire,

Paul L Muller

Comment

Dear Santa Knopp, I also have been a good boy this year. Would like a carpet blanket , a new pair of hand knit mittens, and a J hook . I Did want a new overcoat, but I got a new civilian overcoat yesterday as a present. I also would like the items all stacked underneath my tree.

Pvt. Philip Brening
                    Philip D. Brening
                    Austin's Battalion of sharpshooters Co.A

"Somebody put water in my boots" Pvt. John D. Timmermanm
                    3rd New York Cavalry

Comment

Ken,

I got the package today and I really do appreciate the extras, like you said a little elbow grease will go along ways, again I can't thank you enough. The stuff from Lovejoy Station though is outstanding, I was really amazed at how good the condition is on all leather and iron after who knows how many years of lying around in who knows what.

Again thank you for offering the items that you do and I'm sure I'll find somthing else I have to have here soon.

Tommy Jackson

Comment

Working...
                      X