Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement!! Chickamauga Cavalry Adjunct!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Announcement!! Chickamauga Cavalry Adjunct!

Thanks for the added information. Do you have any idea of the scenarios and how much action regular cavalry is likely to get to see at a mega event like this one? I think I read somewhere that the event hosts were planning a recreation of Forrests' cavalry battle, but I'm not sure if that's true. It would be neat to see an accurate portrayal of one of Forrest's companies for this one. One of my fondest memories from MegaChick in '99 was portraying Wilder's Mounted Infantry and looking back up the hill behind me and seeing 400+ cavalry right behind me. Awesome!
    Larry Morgan
    Buttermilk Rangers

Comment

Larry and all,

We cannot reveal our sources as we are certain to have our knees broken, but suffice it to say that we have an "inside contact" as to the scenario planning.

Past that, we cannot say.

"This is the stuff dreams are made of....."

Marl
      J. Mark Choate
      7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

I was talking about the published scenarios. I think I saw on the BGA website that there was a cavalry battle planned.
        Larry Morgan
        Buttermilk Rangers

Comment

Greetings All

I have been looking and doing some research in regards of Valise for CS. So far I've only seen some for sale on ebay (Great source lol). My question is who is making any Valise in cloth or leather right now? That would be considered AC? I own a new AA saddle from Karl Pepper and already have saddle bags for early to mid war time frame.

Just looking to increase my impression.

Jeff Thompson
          Jeff Thompson

Comment

Hello folks,

I have been off the radar of late as I was traveling out of the country but back now.

Jeff,
            This has been questioned before and quite truthfully, there are not a lot of options for a leather or cloth valise as not many folks make them. I don't think Karl is doing them, although he has the talent to do them. Stuart L. may make one but I cannot find it on his site and have not seen one. I am pretty sure that Duvall is not making them either. May be wrong though.

I know that it has become vogue and "kewl" to bash Doug Kidd's work and in many ways he brought it on with a move to the center on many items for the purpose of volume and selling to the masses, but I know for a fact that he makes a couple of nice valise's. One is patterned closely off of an original that he has. You could contact him and tell him just what you are looking for and I think you would be pleased.

Hope this helps,
            Mark
            J. Mark Choate
            7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

Comment

Mark

Thanks for the response, I'll look into Doug Kidds. Hopefully Karl can make one for me ,for I like his gear.

Jeff
              Jeff Thompson

Comment

I agree Jeff as I am a big fan of Karl's.

He has taken on two or three custom jobs for me and really likes the challenge.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Mark
                J. Mark Choate
                7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

Comment

Any of the fellas mentioned would make it if you asked them. Doug made mine to my standards just fine. Gettting him to understand took a litte more talking.
                  Jerry Ross
                  Withdraw to Fort Donelson Feb 2012

Just a sinner trying to change

Hog Driver
                  Lead ,Follow or Get out of the way !

Comment

Paul Muller makes EXCELLENT valises and at a very good price, as detailed or plain as you like. I know I have one from him and getting one made for my Jenny as per the pattern for the Jenny valise.
                    Dave Gordy
                    "Saddle Sore Mess"
                    "I figure a man's only good for one oath at a time, and I took my oath to the Confederate States of America."--JOHN WAYNE, Th Searchers

Comment

Working...
                    X