Beautiful condition officer's saddle on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful condition officer's saddle on ebay

I wish I had an extra $3k laying around but it's still great just to look at the pictures.

Happy Holidays!

Gary
    Gary Lee Bradford, Captain
    9th Kansas Regiment Volunteer Cavalry, Company F
    On patrol of the KS / MO border

[COLOR="#4B0082"]In honor of my great-great uncle, Pvt. Sidney J. Hatch, 7th Tennessee Cavalry (US), Co. D, who died Sept. 23, 1863, at the age of 21. .[/COLOR]

Re: Beautiful condition officer's saddle on ebay

Me and you, both, Gary.

I love the way those officer Mac's with the quilted seats look and have have "lusted" after one ever since seeing the photo on the cover of the Dorsey and McPheeters book on America Military saddles which came out in the late '90's.

Maybe I have been good enough this year that Santa will bring me one!!! :wink_smil

thx,
    Mark
    J. Mark Choate
    7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Re: Beautiful condition officer's saddle on ebay

Mark-
      I converted my enlisted saddle to an officer saddle by making that style leather quilted pad and adding brass mortise on the pommel and cantle. Besides being a tad more comfortable, the leather seat offers more friction with the wool trousers making it much easier to stay in the seat.

I hope you are well,
      Gary
      Gary Lee Bradford, Captain
      9th Kansas Regiment Volunteer Cavalry, Company F
      On patrol of the KS / MO border

[COLOR="#4B0082"]In honor of my great-great uncle, Pvt. Sidney J. Hatch, 7th Tennessee Cavalry (US), Co. D, who died Sept. 23, 1863, at the age of 21. .[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
      X