Campaign camp set ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign camp set ups

I would like to hear how you'all set up your cavalry camp once the horses are picketed. I (not knowing any different) set up in line with my horse ,back about 20 feet, lay out my bed roll and set my saddle at the head with bridle tied to it . I am wanting all my mess to set up the same way every time so they all can tack up quickly and consistently. I want camp to be kept neat with personal items kept at or on their blanket, weapons kept the same way and the picket line orderly. Am I asking to much? plm
    Save me a place at the fire,

Paul L Muller

Re: Campaign camp set ups

Paul, I am not well versed in the cavalry side of things. I have never portrayed a mounted soldier, so I cannot tell you how anyone lays out their camp. I can however provide you with a link to Cavalry Tactics, Or, Regulations for the Instruction, Formations ..., Volume 2
    By Philip St. George Cooke.

Starting on page 67 it gives instruction on how to lay out a cavalry camp in the west as well as a diagram of what it should look like.

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 03-26-2014, 06:58 PM. Reason: I can't read good
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Working...
    X