cavalry obstical course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cavalry obstical course

It has been a while since I've been on , and I need some input. I was asked to set up an obstical course for a cav. event and all I know of is the spearing an iron ring on a saber or lanse. Can anyony share some more ideas on different obsticals? thanks plm
    Save me a place at the fire,

Paul L Muller

Re: cavalry obstical course

Some ideas:

Targets for cutting on alternate sides as well as for use of the point. Turk's Head runs are good for this: first target on the right, second on the left, third for use of the point.
    Poles to zigzag through - ideally using gallop changes - followed by low jumps with balloons at be shot at whilst crossing the obstacle.
    Tent pegging, including three rider team runs
    Last edited by Nibs; 06-04-2017, 03:10 AM.
    Stephen Bennett
    Odense, Denmark
    Co. A, 2nd Colorado

Comment

The is a proscribed skills course in a period manual that I've seen that includes both using the pistol and the saber. I'm having a total brain fart at the moment trying to think about the name of the manual.

Take care,
      Tom Craig
      1st Maine Cavalry
      Tom Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Craig View Post
        The is a proscribed skills course in a period manual that I've seen that includes both using the pistol and the saber. I'm having a total brain fart at the moment trying to think about the name of the manual.

Take care,
        Tom Craig
        1st Maine Cavalry
        Are you thinking of Philip St. George Cooke's Manual? Title Third, "Instruction on Horseback," has the mounted manual of arms plus leaping, leaping ditches, &c. ... https://books.google.com/books?id=oq...0sabre&f=false
        Michael A. Schaffner

Comment

Working...
        X