Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Ration Issue for Franklin

Gents,

This comes from the Brigade CO, of which our amalgamous battalion will be a part of at Franklin. Sounds like a good deal to me and good eating. Please note the following:

"The Mississippi Valley Brigade is issuing rations at the 140th Battle of Franklin event to men wishing to participate. Rations will consist of salt pork, potatoes, onions, Johnny cakes, coffee, and molasses cookies. The cost is 5 per man. Make your check payable to "9th Texas Infantry" and mail to:

Franklin Rations
    C/o Mark Griffin
    2603 Pinta Ct.
    Grand Prairie, TX 75052.

It is extremely important that you purchase your rations quickly if you intend to participate so the Brigade staff can plan and purchase accordingly. The due date is August 15, 2004."

There may be a wee bit of flex to the date but I wouldn't bank on it. So, if you want to take the worry out of the ration issue, go for this. Get your $5 in to Mr. Griffin pronto.

I'm not in any way organizing the rations so if you have a question about this, please contact Mark directly at ironh@ev1.net

Kind regards and happy eating.

Fred Baker
    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor
Working...
X