Greetings from the Burkittsville 2004 Committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the Burkittsville 2004 Committee

From time to time over the past couple of months I have been asked ...Is there going to be a Burkittsville... Or We heard of pullouts....Well, Here is the straight information.

First let me address earlier issues.Yes, there were some problems on the committee as a whole, (minor, But enough to slow the process down some). The reasons are not important except to say that cooperative planning for an event is a team effort and flexibility is important. All members of the committee, past and present, have worked for a successful Burkittsville event. With that said....Yes there is a Burkittsville 2004 event. Parking is available, The federal route is set. Cavalry sites are set. Due to the Hurricane storm, The Brownsville Pass on both sides of the Mountain is a mess, but not insurmountable. Alternate routes, as good, are available and include the pass. Where you get up to it may change. Civilians are on board and have more registered than the Military (Federal and Confederate) Logistics are progressing.

In short.....Those of you coming to Burkittsville send your registration in,now. Otherwise you will have to dig rifle pits. It was asked if more info can be put up on the regiments involved. YES. Additionally a map contemporary to the time will be posted.

Thank you all for reading. GET YOUR REGISTRATION IN. See Youall at Burkittsville.

Best Regards
    Lester (The Elder)

Lester Schumacher
    Chairman
    Engagement at Burkittsville Committee.

Re: Greetings from the Burkittsville 2004 Committee

Lester,
    Good to hear you all pulled it off....good luck!
    S. Chris Anders

"Authenticity Glorifies the Campaign"

Comment

Re: Greetings from the Burkittsville 2004 Committee

Lester how about an update on Burkittsville. It's getting on to registration closing ( I guess Aug 1). We are coming down from New England and putting alot of effort in plannning for this event (civilians) and military.

Thank you

Frank Lilley
      28th Mass, Co. K
      Frank Lilley
      Sore Foot Mess

Comment

Working...
      X