PO Box 1855
    Manassas, VA 20108

U
    S - James Owens jdo@npmhu.org
    CS - Dave Pridgeon DPridg@aol.com
    Civilian - Cheryl Parlati burkittsvillecivilians@yahoo.com
    Cavalry - Jerry Todd SgtTodd@mainecav.org

Notes: Confederate and civilian participation is limited. Individual
    registration. All profits will go to preservation.

Last edited by dusty27; 06-02-2004, 01:31 PM.
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Re: Burkittsville Event Announcement

With this event just a wee bit over three months away, this would probably be a good opportunity for an update.

Charles Heath
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Some of the original organizers for this event have pulled out leaving the event up in the air, as I understand it as we were one of the Federal artillery batteries taking part.

s/f

DJM
      Dan McLean

Cpl

Failed Battery Mess

Bty F, 1st PA Lt Arty
      (AKA LtCol USMC)

[URL]http://www.batteryf.cjb.net[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by marine05
        Some of the original organizers for this event have pulled out leaving the event up in the air, as I understand it as we were one of the Federal artillery batteries taking part.

s/f

DJM

The event is very much on the ground and advancing on all fronts.

I'm looking forward to seeing the members of your detachment as they fall in with the rest of the Federal artillerists who will be attempting to honor the men of Woolcott's Battery A, 1st Maryland Light Artillery (US) during this event.

The section of original 3" Wrought Iron Rifles that will be present for duty should perform admirably on that historic ground. Let's hope we can do them justice.
        Mark A. Pflum
        Redleg and unemployed History Teacher
        Member:
        CMH
        AHA
        Phi Alpha Theta (MU XI Chapter)

Comment

New Contact Information for Burkittsville Event

Originally posted by marine05

s/f

DJM

The Burkittsville event is STILL ON. Several members of the committee resigned, but the event is still on and the committee had a meeting two weeks ago to get everyone on the same page.

The web site's administrator is taking a bit longer than expected to update the site, but listed below is the new contact information you need to know for the event.

All registration procedures are still the same as they were before. Please see the event web site for registration procedures and to download the registration forms. Go to www.burkittsville1862.com

Rob Westbrook
          Engagement at Burkittsville
          P.O. Box 1855
          Manassas, VA 20108

US:
          James Owens
          JDO@npmhu.org

CS:
          Dave Pridgeon
          DPridg@aol.com

Civilians:
          Cheryl Parlati
          burkittsvillecivilians@yahoo.com

Cavalry:
          Jerry Todd
          SgtTodd@mainecav.org

Chairman:
          Lester Schumacher
          Schumacher223@aol.com

Secretary:
          Donna Nangle
          DCN2028@Juno.com

More information should be coming soon.
          Last edited by S. Hampton; 06-02-2004, 01:11 PM.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Stacy Hampton[/FONT]

Atlantic Guard Soldier Aid Society
          [URL="http://www.agsas.org/"]http://www.agsas.org[/URL]
          The Company of Military Historians
          [URL]http://www.military-historians.org/[/URL]

Comment

Great!! Glad to hear it. I won't have to go far then.

s/f

DJM
            Dan McLean

Cpl

Failed Battery Mess

Bty F, 1st PA Lt Arty
            (AKA LtCol USMC)

[URL]http://www.batteryf.cjb.net[/URL]

Comment

This event is one of those that is as good as we make it. We walk where the 4th Vermont walked, we rest in the same barnyard where they rested, we take water from the same spring they used, and we storm across the same field they charged across. We walk through the middle of town greeted by civilians glad to have seen the last of the Confederates, cheering us on. We moved with purpose and resolution through the town, and when it is time to pitch into the Confederates, sore feet and swollen knees will be forgotten in the mad uphill sweep that routs them from behind the stone wall.

If all that doesn't make the hair on your neck stand up, nothing will.

Lots of chance to help a community that is aware of its own place in history visualize what it was like, lots of chance to walk the walk, literally. I'm looking forward to doing my little bit to make the 2004 version of the 4th Vermont a credible representation of the unit -- which was known for the artful and usually inappropriate use of animal calls to express opinions best not given legible utterance. Bone up on drill and practice donkey noises -- it may get better than this, but what a wonderful opportunity to relive history made by what seems like an attractively irreverent and insouciant group of fellows. When the books talk about the spirit of the volunteers -- here it is. Hope to see several hundred other staunch Unionists there for this one....
              Bill Watson
              Stroudsburg

Comment

Originally posted by billwatson
                I'm looking forward to doing my little bit to make the 2004 version of the 4th Vermont a credible representation of the unit -- which was known for the artful and usually inappropriate use of animal calls to express opinions best not given legible utterance. Bone up on drill and practice donkey noises -- it may get better than this, but what a wonderful opportunity to relive history made by what seems like an attractively irreverent and insouciant group of fellows. When the books talk about the spirit of the volunteers -- here it is. Hope to see several hundred other staunch Unionists there for this one....
                Bill any references on this I can read, there were a bunch of real VT boys with us in the 7th ME at ITW 2004; I bet they would like this.

Frank Lilley
                28th Mass Co. K
                Frank Lilley
                Sore Foot Mess

Comment

Greetings All,
                  I'll second the call for primary accounts (beyond what is on the event site), especially pertaining to the Confederate forces. Looking forward to September!
                  Yours in The Cause,
                  Will Tatum
                  Lil' Bastid Mess

Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Working...
                  X