Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

Hello,

I want to extend a heartfelt “thank you” to the folks who came to my aid and assistance when I was thrown from my horse Friday evening at Recon. Almost as soon as I hit the ground a group of really kind folks came to help me, including a physician. These gentlemen fashioned a fine splint for me from sticks and a piece of rope - the emergency room staff loved the splint, by the way. The doctor also called the hospital to let them know I was coming in and got directions to the hospital, which helped tremendously. I would thank each of you by name, but in the excitement of the moment I didn’t get names. I am very grateful to each of you.

I would be remiss not to mention the extraordinary generosity of one Mr. Coley Adair, who gave up most of his Friday evening to take me to the hospital, wait while I was being treated, and then sincerely offer to leave the event to drive me back to my home in Salisbury, North Carolina. He was willing to sacrifice his entire weekend to help me out. (Is it any wonder why his guys will follow him anywhere?)

I also want to thank John Cleveland, Guy Musgrove, and Zack Powell (all fine Critters) for watching my horse while Coley and I were at the hospital and helping me get loaded up to head home – Thank you!

As for my injury, I broke my wrist in two places and have some bruised ribs. The wrist will be operated on this Thursday to have a few pins put in place – no big deal in the long run.

The memory of the kind actions of some very good people will last a lot longer than the pain from this injury. Thank you all.

Honored to be a Critter,

Dennis Blue

Re: Thank you!

Hi Dennis,
    I think I might have been the first or second person to get to you. I saw the whole thing, pretty nasty looking spill. The fellows who helped you the most were Brian Koenig, an EMT, and the doctor was Sam Graham. They're both members of the Stonewall Brigade. I hope you're on your way to a full recovery and you'll be back in the saddle soon. Take care........Jerry Stiles

Comment

Re: Thank you!

Jerry,

Thank you for your message. I am very grateful to you, Brian, and Sam for your help last Friday. You guys were a huge help!

Take care,

Dennis Blue
      Critter Company

Comment

Working...
      X