Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commands by bugle?

Pards,
    I have heard through the grapevine that commands at Recon III will by primarily by bugle. Can anyone verify that?

Re: Commands by bugle?

Comrade,
    I cannot speak for the event, but the members of the 7th maine are expected to be able to maneuver by the bugle. To that extent, mp3 files of the various calls have been posted on the 7th Maine's listserve, and may be downloaded for your use at home.
    The listserve may be accessed though here:
    7thMaine-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Trusting this is of some small use, I remain, sir, respectfully,
    Tim Kindred
    Medical Mess
    Solar Star Lodge #14
    Bath, Maine

Comment

Re: Commands by bugle? Yes

Comrade!

Yes, commands on the Federal side will be communicated by bugle. In fact, we've been doing that at events I've been involved with for about 4 years now. Bugling and field music have come a long way and there really is no reason for commanders to be hoarse to the point of being unable to speak by Saturday evening with the supply of qualified buglers currently available. Moreover, the man in the ranks has become pretty adept at recognizing calls at most events.

Here is a good link. This site also has a good links section for other bugling sites you may find helpful. Enjoy! www.tapsbugler.com

It's a beautiful thing when a plan comes together.
      Last edited by DukeRPSC; 01-07-2004, 01:12 PM.
      David Culberson
      The Rowdy Pards

Comment

Re: Commands by bugle?

Pards,
        The 14th will operate by bugle as well, and I am sure the other CS units will too.
        We are working on a bugle call tape for the 14th to be sent out to the various company commanders in the next month.
        S. Chris Anders

"Authenticity Glorifies the Campaign"

Comment

Working...
        X