Raffle Winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raffle Winners

We picked the winners of the two raffles on Sunday. With over 800 tickets sold and over $3200 raised in one raffle and $455 alone in the the quilt raffle, we reached our goal of two times the value of the articles being raffled. A non-raffle participating Assistant Deputy Sheriff picked the tickets. On Saturday, we got the word that Chris Sullivan wanted to add a pair of federal museum grade trousers and I added a copy of "One Damn Blunder After Another" the prize winning book by Gary Joiner on the Red River Campaign and a Huck Towel by Mike McComas. That makes a total of 25 prizes. The tickets were pulled in order and recorded. The remaining tickets are preserved in a grain bag if we need to pick more should somebody opt out. #1 gets first choice and so on - I will post this all over the universe and notify the winners via e-mail. The list of prizes is under the winners:

1. Rob Carter
    2. Mike "Dusty" Chapman
    3. Mark Timms
    4. Ken Graysing
    5. Eric Fair
    6. Tom Yearby
    7. Ernie Steff
    8. Jeff Kitts
    9. Barry Dusel
    10. John Tylczak
    11. Steve Sullivan
    12. Dan Fodera
    13. Rob Westbrook
    14. John Grimes
    15. Jon Birket
    16. Steve Sullivan (2)
    17. Gary Booker
    18. David Turpin
    19. Kris Ruffino
    20. Frank Aufmuth
    21. Matthew Ryan
    22. John Dinkelaker
    23. Glen Milner
    24. Jim James
    25. Dave Zulinke

Quilt raffle - I won this (according to maker and raffle runner Mike Anderson I bought the most tickets) but saw the look on the face of the one guy who I knew really wanted it worse than me, so I sold it to him and added the money into the pot for CWPT.

List of raffle prizes:

1. US Sack Coat and Trousers OR CS Tait jacket and trousers by Chris Daley (www.cjdaley.com)
    2. Any style shoe by Tom Mattimore - (http://www.civilwarboots.com/)
    3. Four (4) CS Gardner pattern wooden canteens by Sam Doolin
    4. CS 58 cal cartridge box with Hughes Prendergast and Snow box sling OR CS 69 cal Wayne and McKensie copy of the 39 pattern box from Cary Davisson - (Orchard Hill - http://www.orchardhillsutlery.com/)
    5. US forage cap OR CS enlisted kepi by Starbuck - (http://home.earthlink.net/~cwkepi/index.html)
    6. St Louis Variant Cincinnati Depot smoothside canteen by Orchard Hill
    7. US Springfield musket sling by James Owens
    8. Two (2) camp hats, 2 pair wool socks, balaclava, and two (2) pairs wristers by Karin Timour
    9. Pair of wool socks by Pam Lind
    10. Three (3) pairs of Mickey Black socks
    11. Mid - late war federal enlisted waist belt by James Owens
    12. First Edition of "One Damn Blunder from Beginning to End" - prize winning book by Gary Joiner on the Red River Campaign.
    13. Museum grade federal enlisted trousers by Chris Sullivan (see www.skilletlicker.com).
    14. Huck Towel by Mike McComas at (www.confederate-tailor.com)

Rob will pick first (PM me here or e-mail me at coop2911@msn.com). This may take awhile so please be patient and don't change your e-mail :) I will track this and as I reach each winner will let you know what is left. All decisions are final obviously.

Again, thanks a million to the vendors above who made this possible, and to Adam Cecil and Ethan Rogers whose perservation deals netted another $114 for Mansfield.
    Last edited by dusty27; 04-18-2004, 04:59 PM.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Re: Raffle Winners

I need to add also Kathy Bradford for the very generous donation of the proceeds from her sleeping hats ($160) and from Ed Hagins who auctioned 3 copies of From Desert to Bayou - the Merrick TMD sketchbook. That generated $145. Thanks!!
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

Comment

Hey Rob, you pulling a lotto winner deal here? Getting legal advise? Checking with your financial advisor?

Gettin' anxious here........:D
      Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Rob is going for the Tait uniform from Chris Daley so Dusty take a peek and let me know. Mark "Branding Iron" Timms is next!

List of remaining prizes:

3. Four (4) CS Gardner pattern wooden canteens by Sam Doolin
        4. CS 58 cal cartridge box with Hughes Prendergast and Snow box sling OR CS 69 cal Wayne and McKensie copy of the 39 pattern box from Cary Davisson - (Orchard Hill - http://www.orchardhillsutlery.com/)
        5. US forage cap OR CS enlisted kepi by Starbuck - (http://home.earthlink.net/~cwkepi/index.html)
        8. Two (2) camp hats, 2 pair wool socks, balaclava, and two (2) pairs wristers by Karin Timour
        12. First Edition of "One Damn Blunder from Beginning to End" - prize winning book by Gary Joiner on the Red River Campaign.
        13. Museum grade 100% FHW sky blue kersey Deering pattern federal enlisted trousers by Chris Sullivan (see www.skilletlicker.com).

Originally posted by dusty27
        Hey Rob, you pulling a lotto winner deal here? Getting legal advise? Checking with your financial advisor?

Gettin' anxious here........:D
        Soli Deo Gloria
        Doug Cooper

Comment

Wanted to post my e-mail address as it isn't shown.

Sam Doolin
          oldrebshop@aol.com
          303-238-7021

Comment

Doug et al,

I'm opting for the Sam Doolin canteen.:D :D :D

Thanks very much........
            Last edited by dusty27; 04-08-2004, 12:58 PM.
            Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

OK - 1 of the 4 Gardner Canteens is gone - Dusty contact Sam at oldrebshop@aol.com

Mark Timms is up next!

3. Three (3) CS Gardner pattern wooden canteens by Sam Doolin (oldrebshop@aol.com)
              13. Museum grade 100% FHW sky blue kersey Deering pattern federal enlisted trousers by Chris Sullivan (see www.skilletlicker.com).
              Originally posted by dusty27
              Doug et al,

I'm opting for the Sam Doolin canteens.:D :D :D

Thanks very much........
              Soli Deo Gloria
              Doug Cooper

Comment

Re: Raffle Winners - prize clarification

Comrades - there may be a little confusion on the prizes. There are 25 individual prizes and 25 winners. One canteen per winner, one pair of socks per winner, one camp hat, one pair of wristers, etc. The Huck Towel and Mickey Black socks are donated by me and I hold all the Karin Timour knitted items (it's killing me!!!!) as well.
                Soli Deo Gloria
                Doug Cooper

Comment

Descriptions/Pictures of Knitted Goods on Offer

Gentlemen:

I have this vision of all the winners making your wish lists and crossing off each item as it gets made. To help you with your decision making, some of the other vendors have posted their websites so you can see pictures of what is on offer. Unfortunately, I don't yet have a website -- though plans are afoot to get one. All of my knitted goods have tags on them with much of the information that follows. For those of you considering any of my knitted goods, I offer the following information about them:

Camp Hats

1. One tam knitted from the one pictures in Union Echoes of Glory, page 189. The blue one with the red/white/blue band. It looks very much like this picture, complete with white wool string and toori. I knit it for a size 23 head, contact me for free alterations if you decide on the hat and want it altered to fit your noggin.

2. One stocking hat knit after the picture in Confederate Echoes of Glory, page 159 -- the one in the picture that Lt. Ewing is wearing. Because the picture does not give the colors of the hat, I made it dark gold with dark red ribbing, after an oil painting of a similar hat in those colors painted by George Caleb Bnigham in 1845 of two fur traders on the Missouri river. The hat also has a dark red cotton tassel. I knit it for a size 23 head, contact me for free alterations if need be.

3. Balaclava modeled after the originals in the Museum of the Confederacy, made of homespun, undyed brown wool.

4. 1 pair Museum of the Confederacy socks -- these are the blue and white socks pictured on page 175 of Confederate Echoes of Glory. I had the opportunity to see these socks several years ago during a study session at the MOC. Undyed cream colored ribbing, heels and toes, with cables in the ribbing just as pictured. Body of the sock is a blue-green as pictured in EOG. Heels are reinforced. The original socks are about the finest knitting I've yet seen -- they are 22 stitches to the inch. Mine are not knit that fine -- my copy has ribbing with 15 stitches to the inch, the body of the socks is 10 stitches to the inch. Again, I made these socks to the specs of the originals -- if your legs or feet are larger, let me know, and I'll alter them to fit you.

5. 1 pair AOT socks -- these were knit to the directions from the 1864 Daily Telegraph and Confederate of Macon Georgia, as posted on Scott McKay's 10th Texas website. Made of undyed brown wool, with the needles specified in the directions, they are an exact reproduction. The directions say you should get 4 pair of socks from a pound of wool. These socks weigh just under 4 ounces. If memory serves, these were knit at 9-10 stitches to the inch.

6. 1 pair of gray wristers -- these were knit to the specifications in the United States Sanitary Commission bulletin of February 1, 1865. Wristers, in my opinion are relatively underrepresented in reenacting, and are extremely useful items. A tube of wool with a thumb hole, they were used by men who had to work with their hands in the cold -- drivers, riders, fishermen, lumbermen, probably farmers though I don't have the documentation on farmers. These are long enough to cover nearly all your fingers -- but when you need to have use of your fingers, you can quickly shove the wrister up your hand like you would a sweater sleeve, and have quick use of your fingers. I won't refugee without a pair, and I suspect they would be just dandy for picket post in cool or cold weather.

7. 1 pair of red wristers, knit to the United States Santiary Commission specs, see above.

Happy decision making,
                  Karin Timour
                  "The Stories in the Socks" National Conference on Women and the Civil War, Richmond, Virginia, June 2004
                  Period Knitting -- Socks, Hats, Balaclavas
                  Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
                  Email: Ktimour@aol.com

Comment

Being third on the list I figured that the Tait uniform AND the cartridge box would be taken :cry_smile, but since the Davisson cartridge box is still looking for an owner, I figure that my mainstream box is in for some classier company :sarcastic . I choose the cartridge box :wink_smil . Mark Timms

Comment

Glad there wasnt a teflon ramrod on the list, or Mark would have snatched that up for sure.
                      Dusty Lind
                      Running Discharge Mess
                      Texas Rifles
                      BGR Survivor

Texans did this. Texans Can Do It Again. Gen J.B. Hood

Comment

Eric Fair is next

Ken Grasing took the second of Sam Doolin's canteens. Eric Fair took the Starbuck kepi. Tom Yearby, canteen #3. Jeff Kitts, you are up!

3. CS Gardner pattern wooden canteen by Sam Doolin (oldrebshop@aol.com)
                        10. Three (3) pairs of Mickey Black socks (one per winner).
                        Last edited by DougCooper; 04-10-2004, 09:57 PM.
                        Soli Deo Gloria
                        Doug Cooper

Comment

Re: Eric Fair is next

I am picking one of Sam Doolin's canteens.

Originally posted by DougCooper
                          Ken Grasing took the second of Sam Doolin's canteens. Eric Fair took the Starbuck kepi. Tom Yearby, you are up!

3. Two (2 - one per winner) CS Gardner pattern wooden canteens by Sam Doolin (oldrebshop@aol.com)
                          Tom Yearby
                          Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Re: Raffle Winners cont.

Jeff Kitts grabbed the Mattimore shoes, Barry Dusel picked up the Timour New Hampshire soldier camp hat, John Tylczak up next, Steve Sullivan on deck and Dan Fodera (Fod) is in the hole.

3. CS Gardner pattern wooden canteen by Sam Doolin (oldrebshop@aol.com)
                            7. US Springfield musket sling by James Owens (jdo@npmhu.org)
                            8. Camp hat, 2 pair wool socks, balaclava, and 2 pairs wristers by Karin Timour (see descriptions above).
                            10. Three (3) pairs of Mickey Black socks (one per winner).
                            11. Mid - late war federal enlisted waist belt by James Owens (see #7)
                            12. First Edition of "One Damn Blunder from Beginning to End" - prize winning new book by Gary Joiner on the Red River Campaign.
                            Last edited by DougCooper; 04-12-2004, 10:53 AM. Reason: update
                            Soli Deo Gloria
                            Doug Cooper

Comment

Hi All,
                              I'll be speaking for Karen Timours' knitted hat . Based on the version from "The Union EOG Page 189."
                              Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Working...
                              X