• Kickoff time?

When does the event oficially kick off?
    Thanks,
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Matt Caldwell

GHTI

WIG[/FONT]

Re: Kickoff time?

Matt,

Kick off time is 11:00 pm.... (Friday night, May 28th)

Aaron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
    Cincinnati

Comment

Originally posted by HOG-EYE MAN
      Matt,

Kick off time is 11:00 pm.... (Friday night, May 28th)

Aaron
      Thanks Aaron.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Matt Caldwell

GHTI

WIG[/FONT]

Comment

Eallo,

According to the PM site, we're portraying the 124th OH, but I'd still like to know what the company designations are. It's mighty difficult to build an impression when you don't even know what company you're in. :thinking: I am in earnest,

Comment

Jeff,

They are as yet to be determined. I know I am waiting word to know what my company's designation is.

Crabby
          Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
          John Crabb July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009

Comment

[
            According to the PM site, we're portraying the 124th OH, but I'd still like to know what the company designations are. It's mighty difficult to build an impression when you don't even know what company you're in. :thinking: I am in earnest,[/QUOTE]

Let me help you out.

First the impression was changed a while back to the 5th Kentucky, still in Hazens brigade different regiment. The change slipped by our Webmaster sorry for the confusion.
            As to Impression, this pretty basic at this point of the Atlanta campaign, I'd wager their was little difference in the regiments of hazens brigade except for colors and some very esoteric quirks such as the 41st Ohio using Scott’s manual for shouldered arms.

As to company designation we still don't know which companies will make their numbers and which will be combined.

As for information on the 5th Kentucky, if you can find it please share with the rest of us. The mudsills research the bejesus out of this unit and came up with an amazing amount of nothing. We are doing the 5th Kentucky because we know where and whom they fought at Picketts mill and their losses.

I know its not glamorous or cutting edge but the impression is your average veteran western soldier, if you call any of those men average!

Pickett's mill is not the place for the first person "puppet show" It is the place for the challenge of walking in those honored men's foots steps. If everybody shows up with a good attitude and they act like the soldiers, you’ll end up seeing and doing something to talk about. Promise
            [FONT=Georgia]John Cleaveland[/FONT]

Comment

This is what i found a few days ago on the 5thKy, but not much. Some interesting background on founding, and a little on the History of the Unit

Louisville Legion

James Aulds

Comment

I did this event back in 2001 and it was awesome! The experience of all will be remembered for a long time. One of the best events I ever had the privilege to attend.

I would like to thank John Cleaveland and staff for the events back in 2001 and for this year.

Agree with John’s statement, “…If everybody shows up with a good attitude and they act like the soldiers, you’ll end up seeing and doing something to talk about. Promise”. It was like that for me in 2001 and honestly believe it would repeat or improve this year.

Todd Miller

Comment

Dang middle of the night step offs.... can't these dad-burned Officer types get their collective craniums removed from the dark crevices of The Generals backside long enough to realise that no soldier likes steppin' off in the middle of his hard earned sleep time!

I bet we'll be movin' til sun-up, have to go into line of Battle, only to miss our mornin' coffee, and than have to stand-to on our arms past mid-day, only to be called back in to our lines again (just as ort lunch starts to cook up) because 'Captain-so and so' wants us moved to the other flank!

By Gosh and By Gollie, I some times question why I let myself sign up for Ole Abe's midnight marchin' Army!

I wouldn't miss it for the world! :wink_smil
                  Brian Hicks
                  Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Working...
                  X