Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo

I know I've seen this somewhere, but I can't find it now. How much ammo should we bring for Fed Inf?
    Dave Grieves

Re: Ammo

Dave,

I asked Pat Craddock this same question a couple months ago....

40 Rounds is all we will need for Federal Infantry. (Full Cartridge Box)
    Last edited by HOG.EYE.MAN; 05-07-2004, 12:08 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
    Cincinnati

Comment

Aaron,

Thanks!
      Dave Grieves

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Grieves
        Aaron,

Thanks!
        I hate to step on toes, but you should have 80 rounds 40 in your box and 40 more in your traps. you will need them.
        [FONT=Georgia]John Cleaveland[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Cleaveland
          I hate to step on toes, but you should have 80 rounds 40 in your box and 40 more in your traps. you will need them.
          What about for the cornfeds? Im guessing it will be about the same, if you Billies are going to be shooting 80 rounds at me, Ill need to be shooting about 80 rounds back.
          Does it matter how they are packaged? I have never been able to make the correct packs for them.
          Troy Alton aka Leo Smythers
          Smythers Mess
          Independent Rifles
          Yellowhammer Rifles
          19th Tennessee

Comment

Troy,

Bring 80 rounds (forty and forty). As far as packing them, shoot me an e-mail@jcpharr@hotmail.com and I'll go over that with you. Plus, I have a few things that I e-mailed to the rest of the company that you'll need to know.
            Cory Pharr
            Charleston, South Carolina

2004: Various places

Comment

Originally posted by Pharr
              Troy,

Bring 80 rounds (forty and forty). As far as packing them, shoot me an e-mail@jcpharr@hotmail.com and I'll go over that with you. Plus, I have a few things that I e-mailed to the rest of the company that you'll need to know.
              Cory:
              I'm pre-registered for your company, but didn't get the email you spoke of. Could you send that to me at your convenience?
              volfans@charter.net
              Thanks,
              Mike Randles
              Last edited by S.M.A. Smythers; 05-20-2004, 11:12 PM.
              Mike Randles
              The Beloved Ruth Smythers Mess

Comment

I registered as Confederate, but with no company preference. Any info concerning what to bring, when to arrive, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by S.M.A. Smythers
                Cor

I'm pre-registered for your company, but didn't get the email you spoke of. Could you send that to me at your convenience?
                volfans@charter.net
                Thanks,
                Mike Randles
                Tom Yearby
                Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Originally posted by S.M.A. Smythers
                  Cory:
                  volfans@charter.net
                  Thanks,
                  Mike Randles
                  Mike,

E-mailed it this AM. Let me know if you have any other questions. Look forward to seeing you there.
                  Cory Pharr

Comment

Originally posted by Old Reb
                    I registered as Confederate, but with no company preference. Any info concerning what to bring, when to arrive, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
                    Tom,

I don't have you listed in my company so you are either in Paul Jerram's or Marlin Teat's. I'd contact them and see which is your company officer and what his orders are. (Paul: Sarge53rd@aol.com and Marlin: mteat@hotmail.com )

FWIW, here are a couple of general things:

CS check-in and inspection is at PMSHS Group Shelter. Check the link Tripp Corbin posted for directions.

A mid-afternoon arrival is better than a midnight arrival but come when you can.

Bring little, a good blanket and oilcloth will really do you just fine. Federal shelter halves are not allowed. I am going to guess you know to bring your uniform, rifle, plate, cup, etc. :wink_smil

The terrain is a little hilly.

I'd study Guard Mount and Skirmish Drill.
                    Cory Pharr

Comment

Originally posted by Pharr
                      Tom,

I don't have you listed in my company so you are either in Paul Jerram's or Marlin Teat's. I'd contact them and see which is your company officer and what his orders are. (Paul: Sarge53rd@aol.com and Marlin: mteat@hotmail.com )

FWIW, here are a couple of general things:

CS check-in and inspection is at PMSHS Group Shelter. Check the link Tripp Corbin posted for directions.

A mid-afternoon arrival is better than a midnight arrival but come when you can.

Bring little, a good blanket and oilcloth will really do you just fine. Federal shelter halves are not allowed. I am going to guess you know to bring your uniform, rifle, plate, cup, etc. :wink_smil

The terrain is a little hilly.

I'd study Guard Mount and Skirmish Drill.
                      Tom,
                      I don't have you listed in my company but I understand that a few names have not been listed yet. I agree with Corey as to what to bring. The terrain is rolling (insert laugh here) hills so my advice is to pack as light as you can. Rations will be issued but I haven't heard what they will consist of.
                      I would be glad to have you in my company.
                      Marlin Teat
                      [I]“The initial or easy tendency in looking at history is to see it through hindsight. In doing that, we remove the fact that living historical actors at that time…didn’t yet know what was going to happen. We cannot understand the decisions they made unless we understand how they perceived the world they were living in and the choices they were facing.”[/I]-Christopher Browning

Comment

This event should be fun. It's one of the most authentic we can attend as living history enthusiasts. However, can we skip the dysentery this year? :confused_

Thanks in advance,

Mark Berrier
                        North State Rifles
                        combinations@northstate.net
                        Mark Berrier

Comment

Originally posted by Enfilade
                          This event should be fun. It's one of the most authentic we can attend as living history enthusiasts. However, can we skip the dysentery this year? :confused_
                          Mark,

Dysentery was last time. We're raising the bar this year and going for typhoid.
                          Cory Pharr

Comment

Working...
                          X