Picketts Mill Fence Rail Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picketts Mill Fence Rail Drive

Along with the other efforts for this years Pickett's mill event we are having a rail drive. A single 9-foot rail will cost us about 5 dollars to buy and ship. To fence the field we will be fighting on this year, like it was 140 years ago would take around 2500 rails. I don't expect to hit that target but would like to attempt it. The Park Personnel Had asked me to hold a drive and is excited by the prospects to fence this field. Last Rail drive I posted names and donations, This time around I will be posting only donors names without any amounts, instead I will be keep a running tally of the total donations and number of rails. I think doing it this way will bring the best results.

Make checks out to "Pickett's Mill Rail Drive"

Mail them to,

John Cleaveland
    POB 772
    Farmington, GA

The drive will run through the end of April in order that we can get the rails delivered a good ways ahead of time. The delivery and placement won't be as "easy" as at perryville due to the nature of the site.
    Many thanks for your consideration.
    john cleaveland

Donations received from the follow people:
    Total collected: $

Glenn Milner
    Charles Heath
    Keith Bartsch
    Doug Cooper
    Joe Bordonaro
    Tim Prince
    Barbara Hartman
    Dennis Blue
    Lisa Pace
    Eric Tipton

Mark Riddel
    Dom Dabello federal commander

Boyd Miles
    Greg Deese
    Boyd Miles
    Last edited by dusty27; 01-15-2004, 10:53 PM.
    [FONT=Georgia]John Cleaveland[/FONT]

Re: Picketts Mill Fence Rail Drive

John,

Anything to support a fine National event like this one!

2500? Come on get off you wallets and give till it hurts.
    Bo Carlson

[i][b]At the dawn of the 21st century the human species does appear to be in a rapid state of de-evolution. The time for personal salvation is now, while the people terrorize each other like warring insects, all the while crying out for global change and healing. Can we as a species hope to achieve something as grandiose as constructing a Heaven on Earth, when our very souls are rotten and empty?[/b][/i]

Comment

Cool - Perryville's fence drive was an inspired idea John - and with nearly 6 months to go, this will be even better. Put me down for an infantry company front worth of rails - figure 20 files long = 50 ft x 3 rails high/9' per rail x $5 per rail = $83.

How's that for preservation math?

more fun with math: 20 man platoon = $40, one file = 1 rail or $5, one fence section (3 rails) = $15

Where do we send the checks?
      Last edited by DougCooper; 12-24-2003, 12:25 AM.
      Soli Deo Gloria
      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

John,

I presume that we'll send the checks to your address, just like the Perryville drives?

Oh, is there any word on the command structure for the Federal battalion yet? All I'm hearing is rumors...

Mike Phineas
        Arlington, TX
        Mike Phineas
        Arlington, TX
        24th Missouri Infantry
        Independent Volunteer Battalion
        www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Information given.......

Folks,

In John's original post, it has who to make the check out to and where to send it. Please read the entire post before replying.

Happy New Year
          Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

John,
            Anyway you could swing a paypal account? I know that you could really up the numbers if you set up an account for donations. Its easy, quick, and painless... plus people can pay with credit cards. Just a thought.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Matt Caldwell

GHTI

WIG[/FONT]

Comment

Pay pal for donation accounts

Matt - I need to set up just such a thing for the Mansfield Preservation raffle for Chris Daley's Tait or Fed uniform. I have a regular pay pal account but want this one to be segregated obviously. How do I do that? Getting those folks on the phone is a pain.

thanks!
              Soli Deo Gloria
              Doug Cooper

Comment

Re: Information given.......

Dusty,

Sorry... Your job as a moderator is hard enough without people not paying attention to the posts.

I should've just asked what was really on my mind. What's known about the Federal command structure, ie. company commanders etc.?

Some of us are ready to register now... I'm leaving for Iraq in three weeks and won't be back till around the first of April.

Thanks,

Mike Phineas
                Arlington, TX
                Mike Phineas
                Arlington, TX
                24th Missouri Infantry
                Independent Volunteer Battalion
                www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

We can now accept donations for the fence drive via PayPal. Per John's request I have set-up my paypal account to accept those payments. Here is the link to make a donation:
                  Fence Rail Donation
                  I should note that PayPal does charge us to use this service. The charge is about $1.05 per $25.00. So please take that in to account when you make your donation.
                  Last edited by trippcor; 01-03-2004, 11:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
                  [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                  [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                  [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

The first donations are coming in, I will be adding names as they do the pay pal donations will be tallied weekly.

So far we have 185 dollars. Thank you for the support
                    Last edited by dusty27; 01-15-2004, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Volunteers read "critters and associates", will be putting the fence up Before this years event, The rails are of black locust from South Carolina.
                      They will be placed on THE cornfield where Lowery's men of Cleburnes division repulsed men from William Hazens Brigade. After the battle the rails we be left on the field as an visual enhancement to an already beautiful and hallowed place.
                      Last edited by dusty27; 01-15-2004, 10:58 PM.

Comment

$50.00 comin your way via PayPal. Its a good cause folks.
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Matt Caldwell

GHTI

WIG[/FONT]

Comment

Sent my donation today. Didn't hurt a bit.......
                          Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

A few more rails paid for.

Eric
                            Eric J. Mink
                            Co. A, 4th Va Inf
                            Stonewall Brigade

Help Preserve the Slaughter Pen Farm - Fredericksburg, Va.

Comment

Tripp - as promised, payment number two went in today. Thanks much for the opportunity. This was a joint donation from the CHAPs based on the sale of some items.
                              Last edited by DougCooper; 01-15-2004, 11:05 PM.
                              Soli Deo Gloria
                              Doug Cooper

Comment

Working...
                              X