To the Gates of Washington 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Gates of Washington 2004

More detailed information, including pictures, has been posted regarding the flag of 17th Va Cav Co F. There is information by Gen. Lew Wallace on his thoughts about the flag and its importance to all Americans. Information also is available about the flag's capture following the battle of Monocacy in the village of Urbana, MD. You may find this interesting even if you have no plans to attend the event.

Jody Sarno
    A Co LR

P.S. Paul, I appreciate all of your work in maintaining this forum, and I like the new format.
    Last edited by ElizabethClark; 06-18-2004, 04:51 PM. Reason: removing commercial content

Re: To the Gates of Washington 2004

What kind of CS units are forming for this? Any artillery?
    Are we forming a detachment from this forum? An "AC" only group would be interesting.

Greg Deese
    Gregory Deese
    Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
    "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Greg,
      Well, let me do my best to answer that one. The LR will be there, or at least 2-3 companies thereof doing gray, Travis Haymaker and Bob Denton are coming to do Artillery in gray on Saturday and Blue on Sunday, along with the 1st MD.
      Elements from many CS units are attending, and please visit the CS page on the Website for more information on that.

I was hoping someone would plant the flag for a second Progressive Federal Battalion, as the 3rd Batt USV is coming to portray the 14th NJ.

We are thankful for the support from both camps, and the dedication that all have in making this regional event successful and historical.

Our Website is constantly evolving, many thanks to Paul Boccodaro for all his hard work on it. Please drop by every once in a while to check for updates.

Thank you for your time,
      S. Chris Anders

"Authenticity Glorifies the Campaign"

Comment

For the To the Gates of Washington event this July, the background histories and unit portrayals have been posted on the site at www.wmhf.org

For those units just signing up, please email me if your unit would like to portray units not assigned yet.

These are simple basic histories, and a place to start further research.

Thanks again to our long suffering webmaster, Paul Boccodoro!

S. Chris Anders
        S. Chris Anders

"Authenticity Glorifies the Campaign"

Comment

Check out the latest edition of America's Civil War for an article of the Flag of F Co 17th Va Cavalry. The Article author will be speaking at the event, and there should be a display from the NPS about the flag. There is still time to register. http://www.wmhf.org

Thank You

Jody Sarno
          A Co LR
          Last edited by ElizabethClark; 06-18-2004, 04:54 PM. Reason: removing commercial content

Comment

Working...
          X