Commemoration of the Second Battle of Kernstown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commemoration of the Second Battle of Kernstown

I was just handed a press release dated 7 July 2004, announcing the 140th Anniversary Commemoration of the Second Battle of Kernstown to be held on Saturday 24 July 2004 at the Pritchard-Grim Farm in Winchester Virginia. It's hosted by the "Stonewall Brigade of Jackson's Division" and appears to be AC oriented complete with a Saturday A.M. Preservation March. Anybody (Dusty) know about this?

S.B.Dunn

"Gimme yore crackers boys, I'll do yer fightin' for ya"
    Battle cry of :
    Lt. St. Pierre Gibson D Co. 4th Va Cavalry--The Little Fork Rangers
    Last edited by ; 07-08-2004, 10:38 AM.

Re: Commemoration of the Second Battle of Kernstown

I'm in charge of registration. Did you have a particular question?
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

No particular question. I just thought it kind of strange that this was the first I had heard of it, being so close date-wise and all. Then again, I may have been sleeping, or not paying attention at all......S.B.Dunn

Comment

Mr. Dunn,

Initial announcements for this event went out last November via non-internet channels. We posted a brief announcement in April 2004 on this forum.

Registration is closed, but we are allowing walk-ons.

As of July 1, 2004 we have 120 registered. Also, we received some great news that the Kernstown Battlefield Associate is going to match every dollar raised with four dollars! This is a great preservation opportunity.

We hope to expand this program in the future to include more federal particpation. This year, the KBA asked for federal participation at the last minute - so schedule was difficult. In the future, there will be much more advance notice.

YOS,
        Bret Sumner
        bretsumner@hotmail.com
        4th Virginia, SWB
        www.wythegrays.org

Comment

Working...
        X