Gettysburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettysburg

I know this is early, but I'm working on a staff ride.
    Does anybody have any plans for Gettysburg this year? I want to plan the staff ride around a quality living history if I can.

Don Smith

Re: Gettysburg

I hear the 141st will NOT be a national, Just a living history type of scenario.

Is this true Don?

Andrew Stebbins

Comment

We may be planning something with the NPS on the battlefield, similar to the Big Round Top march we did as 15th Alabama on RemDay. Details will be posted as they become finalized.
      Marc A. Hermann
      Liberty Rifles.
      MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
      Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Originally posted by Secede1863
        I hear the 141st will NOT be a national, Just a living history type of scenario.

Is this true Don?

Andrew Stebbins
        Dunno -- Thats the kinda thing I'm trying to find out. I can't do any planning until I know whats going on.

Thnx for the help so far.
        Don Smith

Comment

I was told that someone was told by General Valuska that it would not be.

Andrew Stebbins

Comment

Don,

We'll (Co. K 83d PV) be doing an authentic living history revolving around the 8th Ohio. I can get you more information after our January 25th meeting. My e-mail is tow116pvi@aol.com just in case you're interested. Dates and such won't be firm until then.
            [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
            Past President Potomac Legion
            Long time member Columbia Rifles
            Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyDave
              Don,

We'll (Co. K 83d PV) be doing an authentic living history revolving around the 8th Ohio. I can get you more information after our January 25th meeting. My e-mail is tow116pvi@aol.com just in case you're interested. Dates and such won't be firm until then.
              Dave my friend...the scuttlebutt around town is that the 141st will be back at the Yingling Farm..and it will be the usual..uh..usual...uh...you know what I mean ;)

Buddy Zech
              83d PVI CO
              RINGGOLD Battery

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDYZECH
                Dave my friend...the scuttlebutt around town is that the 141st will be back at the Yingling Farm..and it will be the usual..uh..usual...uh...you know what I mean ;)

Buddy Zech
                83d PVI CO
                RINGGOLD Battery
                Good God man! I was refering to our thing with the NPS in August not the flea market circus!
                [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
                Past President Potomac Legion
                Long time member Columbia Rifles
                Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Mr. Grumpy let us know if you can soon, may be able to swing a trip down there in August from NE, certainly enjoyed last July 4 with you guys. Good drills. Heat was great!

Frank Lilley
                  Co. I Mess
                  Frank Lilley
                  Sore Foot Mess

Comment

Buddy,
                    Is the Potomac Legion planning on any kind of G-Burg Living History event like last year's? That was a fine event and I would definitly show up to another one of those.
                    Last edited by Charlie; 01-09-2004, 09:17 AM.
                    Vive la Compagnie
                    Charlie Spickler
                    Co. I Mess
                    CWPT Member

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                      Buddy,
                      Is the Potomac Legion planning on any kind of G-Burg Living History event like last year's? That was a fine event and I would definitly show up to another one of those.
                      Charlie - The 83RD PVI CO K, charter members of the Potomac Legion and organizers of last years Living History at GNMP will be engaged in a living history at the PA Monument GNMP on August 14 -15 2004. This is NOT a Potomac Legion event, just another 83rd program. This years impression will be the 8th Ohio (with a possible jaunt over to the 8th OH monument). Participation is by invite only, we do expect members of the Potomac Legion and National Regiment to participate. Tom Downes will be in command. Look for 50 to 75 participants. If interested email me at Skirmisher@aol.com.

Best
                      Buddy

PS Maybe you can persuade Capt. Pohanka to come along :-)

Comment

Buddy,
                        You got time to deal with about 40 nuisance tourists.
                        Don Smith (non-sewing one)

Comment

Working...
                        X